where does the time all go?
geez louise!
my little baby boy is 8 months old today.
well, on the 23rd.
the day i started this post!
i get distracted.
to say the least.
yes, he is still a baby.
my baby.
but he's not a teeny tiny baby anymore.
how did this happen?
all this change.
right before my wide eyes!
this son of mine.
still strange using the word son.
will that ever seem normal.
anyway,
this boy of mine.
he is a gift from above.
as they all are.
he is happy.
and healthy.
and pudgy.
with a 6-tooth grin that melts my heart.
his laugh makes me gasp for breath.
he is sitting up.
on all fours a lot.
slowly.
but perfectly capable of getting into anything he desires.
and I am reminded of this hourly.
he doesn't mind sitting in his pack n' play.
harper sat with him in there for a while this morning.
should have absolutely done this with the other two.
have no idea why i didnt.
so much can be accomplished while a baby is trapped!
eating baby food mostly.
he is probably ready for more.
but i guess I am too lazy to figure it out right now.
thats why we go to the doctor at 9 months, right?
for her to tell me what to do next.
he is sleeping better.
naps are conquered.
its the nights that cause frustration.
art has just left to get formula.
planning to fill him to the brim tonight.
so we can sleep til morning.
for once!
he has changed me.
he has changed our family.
he has his daddys name.
which is amazing.
and its a great one!
the daddy and the name.
he goes with us everywhere.
obviously.
people stop and talk to him.
always.
because always his grin is wide and his cheeks are irresistible!
even to strangers!
like the lady at the Varsity this week!
how does all of this happen in less than a year?
in some ways it goes slow.
but more often it feels FAST.
too fast.
even though it makes me seem ridiculous.
I will say it.
I love him so much.
I think I am obsessed.
had a teary moment at Bible study the other day with a friend as we were talking about our THIRD borns.
tears.
welling up in our eyes.
it was funny.
and sweet.
and we just got it.
this time around has been different.
and wonderful.
and slower.
but faster.
less anxiety.
more ease.
so much fun.
and craziness!
thankful over and over again for this son.
this boy.
who brings delight to this house.
Tears as I read over the third borns! Yes! We are having troubles troubles over night here too. We still have zero teeth so I'm thinking its that. Can't believe you have six!! You're doing a good work friend. Love!
ReplyDeleteThis brought me to tears. Love that you have a little boy...just wish I was closer so I could hold him close and watch him grow!
ReplyDeleteAnd my eyes just filled with tears again reading this. I love him and I barely know him because I see his perfect place in your family and that peace in your eyes. You're a treasure!
ReplyDeleteAnd their costumes are priceless! Oh, I want to be a little Douglas running around your house for a day!