Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Is there anything much sweeter than a sleeping baby?

I just don't think there is. We had a "fight" today as I was trying to get Emma Kate to take her nap. Still not sure what the problem was, but I just checked on her and look...she is asleep and so peaceful. I could just cry when I see her like this. I am overcome with joy, gratitude and love. This precious girl is the baby I have dreamed about my whole life. How can anyone not believe in the Creator when they look at a child like this? And a child like yours! they are all so very precious! : )
Mom is doing great! Today is probably one of her least enjoyable days since the surgery but all things considered she is diong very well. Friends and family continue to pour in and out of the house - a sign of love to mom. I love it! They have been so helpful! And a HUGE relief - Mom needs no chemotherapy! Praise the Lord! What a blessing!

God is here today in Emma Kate! Even though we had a "fight", God continues to show His love through this miracle of mine who I hear waking up!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! EK looks likes she just dosed off while reading the Sunday paper. I really want to reach through the pic and tickle her little belly. Thanks for sharing your reflections on motherhood. It makes me laugh that you called it a "fight". I know exactly what you're talking about. Thanks for your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a doll baby. i too love a sleeping baby. it does make you forget the frustrating moments. does she always sleep on her back? how cute is she! i guess i thought every baby slept like ella in a ball face down in the corner. :-)

    ReplyDelete