Saturday, March 22, 2008

A picture perfect day.

I could not have asked for a better day. I woke up at 6:55 to the sound of Emma Kate calling for daddy! Then Daddy (a.k.a. Artie) hopped out of bed to let me rest a little longer. Hooray for thoughtful husbands! They both came back to snuggle thirty minutes later until it was time to start our day. A trip with friends to our favorite New Yorker Deli, a jog at the river - Emma Kate fell asleep in the stroller and people just gave us the "aw how sweet" look as we jogged by.
She loves this new Pirates Booty snack my friend Mary told me about!
It is my new golden ticket to a calm stroller ride and not too bad for the kiddos!
Then we bought new running shoes for me! Yahoo! Few things are as energizing and inspiring to me as a new pair of running shoes! Now we are home, Emma Kate is in bed starting her nap after watching birds outside and having a picnic with us. It is a gorgeous day in Atlanta and I am so thankful for this life I have! The day is only halfway done - lots more fun to have including an Easter egg hunt and dinner with the Deeter Fam at Taqueria del Sol!!!

I hope you too can have your "perfect" day very soon!
Happy Easter from the Douglas Fam!

Emma Kate has been oh so good these last few days and better at being obedient! I treated her with a yogurt snack after lunch today. Here she is saying "cheese" for the camera. You can see how pleased she is to be having such a great treat!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment