Monday, October 6, 2008

Kids say the darndest things!

I think ever since I babysat for little ones Emma kates age, I dreamed of the day my own child would say cute and silly and true things like they did. I thought it just wouldn't happen. But I think we have arrived at the cute saying stage and I am so happy about that!
For example:
  • I told Emma Kate the Auburn Tigers didn't win the football game on Saturday. She just looked up at me and said, "It's ok. They win next time."
  • Later in the car she was reading her Aubie book and she said, "Aubie, you win next time on TV."
  • Our car is DIRTY! We mentioned this on our way home from the grocery store yesterday and EK said, "Buy you new one?" We said sure you can buy us a new one! She started pointing out cars for us to buy saying, "You like that one?"
  • She puts down her drink at the table and says, "Mommy, let's talk."
  • With her back to me, head turned toward me and one finger pointed in my direction, she says, "I be back real quick."
  • "hey Daddy, whatchyou doin'?" - Art just LOVES this one in the car over and over!

Other just plain funny things about Emma Kate include:

  • she loves to wear her "jogging shoes" and says, "Mommy, going for a jog?"
  • she prefers to walk around the house and yard NAKED. This is NOT acceptable, although I have allowed it for short moments but only inside.

Well, Emma Kate is calling - I will add more later

1 comment:

  1. mags loves to be naked. the other day she tried on a pair of shoes and said "cute" she also ate something the other day and said "i dont like it"

    ReplyDelete