We had a fun adventure with Mom Mom and Papa at the lake this weekend. Mom and I headed up on Thursday afternoon with Emma Kate. It was so nice to get up there in the coolish weather and just get some good time with mom. Emma Kate LOVES being outside. We played out on the boathouse and tried to find some fish and other wildlife but didnt find much. She didn't care. She had a blast stomping on ants and just being silly old Emma Kate Douglas. I always love for family to spend more time with her because she is funnier the longer you can spend with her.
We "hiked" to the waterfull which EK loved. Stopped at every mushroom she could see and said, "What's that?" about a hundred times. For some reason that doesn't bother me yet - I just think its funny. Mom drove the boat and I attempted to park it at the marina only to be dragged in by the rope. My aim was a little off. Good thing we have dads and husbands!!! Papa and Art came up on Friday night. Dad took EK on a walk on Saturday morning. Emma Kate LOVED that attention from him I think. She said she was looking for animals but didn't see any. Good thing, b/c I think any animals you might see would all be SCARY!
On our way home we told Emma Kate we had an adventure for her. When we got to the Farmers Market she picked out two little pumpkins, sat on a BIG tractor, saw some horses, and did other fun outdoorsy stuff you just can't do in Atlanta. It was good to be gone even just for a couple of nights.
Here is mom with our up-and-coming So You Think You Can Dance star! You can hear her say, "What's that song?" over and over. I love her!!! She just makes me laugh!
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment