Friday, October 10, 2008

Why are some days just so hard?

Picture this: a two year old Emma Kate and a 29 year old Katie leaving the Chick-fil-A parking lot, both in tears. Full on tears I tell you. Why? Well, it has just been one of those hard days of being a mom and a toddler I guess. It is not often that I get to spend time with Amy, one of my dearest friends on the whole planet. So naturally I would really really look forward to that, right? And Emma Kate is CRAZY about her two kids so that seems easy enough to deal with. And then put Chick-fil-A and Miss Brenda in the mix and you have a win-win-win situation. UNLESS, it is Friday, October 10, 2008. Yes, I am venting, but I guess I can do that every now and then. I am thankful that it is not often we have days like this however I am just mad that it had to be the day I got to see Amy and her kids. All the way home EK and I were both crying. She kept saying, "Sorry Mommy, no time out please!" Don't worry, no time out - she really didn't do too much wrong except have a bad day and disobey A LOT! We'll work on this! Until then, thanks to all our sweet friends who deal with our bad days and very very bad days too! I think I should go say some prayers and drink a diet coke. Please Art come home soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. y'all are so precious and i can't wait to see you both! tears and all!

    ReplyDelete