Sunday, May 30, 2010

whats going on?

What's not going on is more like it! We have been crazy and not the normal crazy that I have learned to love, more like the unpredictable kind. Last Saturday Arts Granny passed away. She was 91 years old. One of the sweetest women I have ever known, in love with Jesus, selfless, beautiful inside and out, a hard worker, a thoughtful loving mom, grandmother, and great-grandmother, taught sunday school for 50+ years. This woman LIVED!!! She had so many stories, so many things people loved about her. Her funeral was touching. A true celebration but it was still hard not to shed tears over her loss. Art and I headed south to Brunswick on Monday night, leaving EK and H with mom, dad and Camilla. I am so thankful we were able to leave them...it would have been even more of a whirlwind with them in tow. Without the girls, Art and I tried to make the whole thing like an overnight date! We rolled the windows down, cranked up the tunes, talked about lots and unimportant stuff, ate at cracker barrel YUM!, just enjoyed the ride. We arrived late in Brunswick/St Simons, woke up early so we could eat at our fav spot, Sweet Mama's and headed to the funeral. Not long after the service on Tuesday morning we headed back home.
Then I have no idea what happened on Wednesday. But on Thursday morning we were getting ready for a busy day...Saving Grace deliveries, trying on a flower girl dress, exercise, errands, etc. Well, we had a little detour. I asked EK to take her sheets off the bed and she started with no hesitation. She's getting a few more "chores" around the house and pretty proud of herself I think! I was taking H's sheets off when I heard a really loud thud. EK had fallen off her bed with pulling her sheets off and fell right into her bookshelf. She started screaming, it was not good. I ran to her, picked her up and the blood started flowing. Yikes! I have never seen that before. She was acting fine although she did mention right away that she was tired and wanted to go to sleep. Uh oh. I thought that was not a good sign. I was pretty calm, called Art to bring me a towel. I was freaking out inside and shaking like crazy. Long story, but ambulance came, checked her out, said she was fine but needed stitches, cleaned her up, we ended up going to pediatricians office where they decided to use super glue rather than stitches. It was one huge blessing after another. Thank goodness...by the end of it we were all happy and laughing and in the drive thru at chick chick ordering ice cream at 9am! Praise the Lord. It could have been so much worse and thankfully was not. Needless to say, I have been a little on edge since Thursday.
That day we continued on with trying on her flower girl dress...she was too cute and she totally knew it! Then we headed to Milledgeville where we all decided to get sick so that was a bummer. I think we're all just a little worn down. Arts parents leave for the Tetons this week so we were hoping to have lots of fun adventures while we were there, but we had lots of fun chill time instead. We came home a night early and I am glad we did - I think we are rebounding pretty well. H is coughing like crazy at night, Arts still feeling crummy, but other than that we're doing much better! I am expecting a MUCH better week this week!
Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Poor EK! I remember how scary it was when my sister busted her head open....especially because I was the one that threw her into the bed...whoops!! What a fun story she'll have for years to come...if I were her I'd be finished with sheet stripping for a while!

    Praying for Art, you, and the rest of the Douglas fam! Granny sounds like a super special lady!

    ReplyDelete