Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Diary of an Almost 4-year old Flower Girl

Hi! My name is Emma Kate. You probably know about me. Well, today was a big day in my life! Today, I was a flower girl. You could say I'm becoming a pro at this, but then maybe think again. Here are the events of my day and the days leading up to this joyous occasion!
So basically, my favorite Anna, the most awesomest Anna, the one and only Anna askeded my mommy if I could be the flower girl for her brothers birthday! I think my mama made some joke about "are you sure?" or something like that, but then said YES!!!
Do you remember the day I fell, broke my head, had the ambulance come, and got my head super-glued back together? Yeah? Well, that was the day I met the BRIDE!!! And Anna's Mommy!!! I was so excited that Caroline had curly hair like mine!!! She is so pretty and I got to try on my FG dress and twirl around so much! I was so happy! Plus everyone kept telling me how pretty I was so of course I was all over that!!! Anna's mommy played with Harper which made my mama less stressed out (because I think she was that day with my whole broken head thing happening that day!!!)!
A few times since then Anna has come over to hang out while mom and dad went on a date, and we talked about the big day! I was so glad this morning when I woke up that TODAY was finally THE DAY!!! I did a great job yesterday at the rehearsal, but this was going to be the real thing! We ran a few errands, rested a really short time and before I knew it mom was wisking me out the door to go to the church. As usual, upon arrival, I was a little bashful, but as soon as the other girls started oohing and ahhing over me, I was as happy as a little 4yr old clam (whatever that means!)! Mommy helped me getting dressed in my new tights and shoes and my GORGEOUS poofy, twirly dress! I felt like a real princess! Well duh, I AM a real princess!!! So Coltan (did you know he's one of my bestest buddys AND he was the ring-bearer) was also there with me! He was so handsome! He had on a little tuxedo and we had so much fun being all dressed up. We were a good little team! I tried to show him how to walk down slow, but when it came to the big moment, he was my leader! I kinda got all nerv (shocking!) and went down without my petals (oops!). We walked really really slowly all the way down the aisle so everyone could get a good look at the cuteness as we passed by! And let me tell you, we were really cute! Coltan stole the show - well, I guess we both did, but he actually did ALL the things we were supposed to do. He stood up front, I chickened out when I saw mama! Oops! But thats okay! I did most everything right! And Caroline was the most gorgeous bride! I love her! I love weddings! I love being a flower girl!!! If perfection is what you need, I am not the girl for you, but if you love fun, cuteness and great pics and even a little comedy and drama, then my flower girl ways will work for you!!! I am happy to serve anyone else, I LOVE THIS JOB!!! Thank you Anna for picking me!!! I love you and had so much fun with you!!!
We went to the reception for a little bit at the FOUR SEASONS. It was really fancy! Coltan and I played some more, and Harper too! I told everyone I would like to be introduced with the bridesmaids, etc but I chickened out AGAIN and let Co walk in alone. He was pretty cute and everyone thought so, but I was going for the dramatic thing again I guess! Oops! Again!!!
So here I am afterwards. I was basically TIRED with a very capital T!!!

I hope you enjoyed hearing about my day! Please contact my agent (my mommy) if you need a semi-reliable flower girl anytime soon!
love,

Emma Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment