Art and I need to trade houses with his parents. Its that simple. I LOVE being there!!! I love it! I am not sure I really could live there all day everyday, it would get old after a while I suppose, but its amazing what getting out of this big ol city will do for you. And not much is better than spending time with our dear friends the Waddells. Put those together and you have a fabulous 36 hours!We drove down Friday. we are lollygaggers these days. we're trying not to hurry. what good does it do? I mean, I dont want to be late to everything but if we have a 2 hour car ride and 10 minutes in someone/ekd needs to have a potty break...well, lets just have a potty break. Or lets get out at Chick and play at the playground for 30 minutes. I mean, whatever! Those are our versions of smelling the roses I guess. So anyway, the 2 hours drive took more like 4, but we got there, eventually! Played that afternoon and the not so patiently awaited the arrival of the Waddells! Emma Kate Douglas has been obsessed with Jacob since birth. I am not kidding! I dont think she even knew Anna Claire existed until about a year ago and she's almost 4! Seriously. Its a fact. Whatever Jacob does, she does. Wherever he goes, she goes, etc. And thankfully he is the BEST boy! He's so good and has so much fun with AC and EK, even though theyre younger and GIRLS!!! I love this boy - he's the first baby I ever loved I think! OMG, I sound ridiculous, but its true!
So what the day held for us was a whole heck of a lot of fun. The dads blew up this big water slide thing that was amazing. It looked so fun I jumped in with all my clothes on - thats how fun it was! The kids danced in the rain, played all day, I am not really sure what all they did, I just know they were laughing and smiling the entire time! We celebrated ek's 4th birthday while we were there! Made cupcakes, decorated a little and opened a few gifts! It was such a perfect couple of days! Here are a few pics of the joy! Hope your week is joyous as well!!! And you can stop to smell the roses (or what ever your "roses" are!). does that make sense, I dont think so!?

that slide looks like MAJOR FUN! Happy Birthday a few days late to your girl!
ReplyDelete