Monday, August 2, 2010

Harper girl

Harper is my joy. She's one reason for joy anyway. She's a little bundle of light and happiness most of the time. With her vocabulary improving everyday she is becoming a little more demanding but so far its nothing I cant handle. She's crazy about her sister. Always in EK's "jewels" of sillybandz, bracelets, necklaces, hairbrushes, etc. She loves brushing her teeth! Sometimes I have to brush mine in secrecy just so I dont have to do hers right then. Because when Harper does something she wants Emma Kate to do it too...whether is snack time, wipe time, brushing teeth time, shoe time, anything. If H gets one, she wants another for her sister. So sweet - you cant teach this! Its just her and its one thing I love most about her! She's got precious curls like Emma Kate - her hair seems a little darker than EK's was at this age so we may have a little brunette on our hands. She's saying tons of words - and I guess really the only people who can understand her are those who are around her a lot. But she really does speak!!! Especially in the car when I cant hear myself think straight between Waumba cds turned way UP LOUD, Emma Kate's singing and clapping, Harpers "Mama's and More's", people honking at me, etc. She is really into twirling right now - we had to make a little rule at the beach that no one could ask her to twirl unless she was on the beach because she'll go until she falls down and then she'll get back up and keep going.

Harper Darper will be ONE AND A HALF in 2 days! Excuse me, when did this happen? I feel like I have blinked a few times and my baby is not so much a baby. I mean, she's MY baby, but, uh, she's big. And Emma Kate, sometimes I look at her and cannot believe my eyes. It happens multiple times a day. We are laughing at each others jokes, talking about what sweet friends we have, what we're going to do today, etc. She's my pal (except for naptime - we seem to be more foes than friends between 1and3, but that wont last forever!). Today in the car Harper kept asking to take her shoes off and then back on over and over. I played her little game once or twice and then just left the shoes off. Emma Kate sweetly said, "Harper, sweetie, you need to decide what you want. If you just whine we cant figure out what you need!"
This is a funny life. Not exactly what I had pictured but I wouldnt trade it for anything!
Sorry - PICTURES coming!!!

1 comment: