Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A sweet moment.

I just tucked Emma Kate in bed. Art is gone until Thursday so EK and I are having some good quality time. I think God gives me extra energy and enthusiasm during these times when Art is away and I am thankful for that.
I said goodnight, gave our usual hug, kiss, high five, and pound (in that exact order) then Emma Kate leaned in and squeezed me around my waist and said, "Sleep Tight Baby". Could you just cry over that? So yes, indeed there is a baby in my tummy who hopefully will arrive before Valentines Day. If he/she is anything like his/her big sister then we can expect him/her after V-day! Yikes! So 16 weeks and in 4 short weeks we will know if she'll have a sister or a brother!!!
Big Sister Pictures
We just returned from Wyoming and a 4day much needed visit with Nana and Papa (Arts parents). We had a wonderful time and now I can fully appreciate why they would drive that far and stay so long. It is a beautiful place, full of so many of God's amazing creations! Unbelievable! We saw Old Faithful, bison, antelope, lots of mountains, went sailing, skipped rocks in the lake, looked for bears, rode on a Papa's golf cart, rode on an airplane, and a lot more. Emma Kate truly enjoyed every moment and was such a trouper with the time change, etc. She was a champ on the plane - I could not have asked for more! I got the biggest compliment when the lady who was behind us on the place stood up after we landed and said, "Oh, I didn't even know you had a baby up there." Whew - what a relief! EK was so quiet! Yay!!! Art and I got some good time together too. Anytime you can 'get away' as they say it is so so good. Not that I have some busy life but to get out of the everyday routine is good for my heart.
Wyoming Pictures
Some fun Emma Kate things these days:
  • If asked to spell her name she just might say "E-M-M-A"
  • talking more and more in full sentences
  • lots of thank you's
  • loves to pray for all her friends, but especially her friends parents (like Jon)
  • calls the baby in Mommys tummy Baby Jesus
  • SCREAMS LOUDLY IN FEAR when the CFA cow approaches or even enters the room
  • ABC's are almost a sure thing
  • Counting to 12 is pretty good - lots of times 3,4,and 6 are left out. Oops!

Thats all for now! Update more soon!!!

3 comments:

  1. those pics from Wyoming are AMAZING. i'm very jealous, i want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, this kid is just too precious! I love the Big Sister pics, and I definitely teared up when I read that she said "sleep tight baby." Can't wait to meet the new addition to the Douglas fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for feb babies :) loved seeing all your pics and reading the latest adventures of EK!

    ReplyDelete