Sunday, April 12, 2009

Just stuff

Happy Easter!
Emma Kate woke up this morning asking where the EB is. Dont think I've ever even mentioned the Easter Bunny before but she seemed okay with the fact that her parents are slackers and she received no basket full of goodies today. Oops. Call me a bad mom if you must but I just had my mind on other things! We did have the egg hunt last week and we've all been enjoying Easter candy for weeks AND Nana sent us home last week with eggs filled with candy and a paper inside instructing us to do one thing each day like, "call papa and ask how many fish he caught" or" go outside and feel the grass on your feet and listen for a bird singing". very sweet and fun idea. She really got into it! And of course, NEVER forgets a thing so made sure we did it all!
Church was wonderful this morning! Andy is awesome and God is awesomer than Awesome! We sang some of my favorites which makes any Sunday special but especially Easter. Makes me wonder sometimes why we dont celebrate Easter more than we do Christmas. After all, its only because of Jesus' ressurection that we have our faith anyway. Of course, we wouldn't have Jesus if he hadn't been born but you know what I mean. Easter season would be way better than Christmas season - we wouldn't have to say the politically correct "happy holidays!" we could just say HAPPY EASTER! HE IS RISEN!!! Plus it would be warm not freezing! Christmas is super too and I love it, i'm just rambling.
So from that I go to this -
EKD is into pottying by herself these days. Fine with me and she'll call for help if she needs it. Well today she went to the restroom, cracked the door. After a few minutes I forgot about her and Art said, "you think she fell in?". so he snuck up to the door to peek in. She was putting TP all over the seat just like we do when we're out. It was funny and sweet all at the same time. We just laughed. Guess my level of cleanliness is not up to her standards, but I really did just clean the bathroom 2 days ago!
Em and Milla were home this weekend! The Bride and The Maid and I went to a few places to try on bridesmaid dresses (no wedding gowns bc mom left for a 7 day cruise with the livingston crew!) We had such a fun time. Art kept both girls - THANK YOU ART!!! I was able to relax ad just enjoy my time with my sisters! First time in a LONG time that has happened! Harper is rockin the bottle so that made it possible for me to go alone! We realized she's just extra particular about the temperature of the milk and protests when its not to her liking. She's still a very happy and relaxed baby - she just has this one thing that she cries about so I will allow it!
And last - Sunday at the Masters - is there any better background for a Sunday afternoon nap? I think not, unless you add a baby's sweet breath. Harper and I snoozed on the sofa to our barely picked up with bunny ears CBS station. It was so nice! I was routing for Phil like I always do but I guess it just wasnt his year! Oh well! If anyone ever wants to take Art or me to the Masters we would be happy to go sometime!!!! More than happy - THRILLED, ELATED, etc!

2 comments:

  1. couldn't agree more about christmas vs easter. i love this day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since I hit college, Easter surpassed Christmas as my favorite holiday.

    and...yay for fun sister time!

    ReplyDelete