So this is what its like - what word can I choose to describe this new life? Hmmm...crazy, out-of-control, unpredictable, NUTS, wonderful, full, testing, busy, super, so sweet.
This is all new to me - have not gotten a full grip on this mother-of-two thing. I don't really plan to either. I think once I felt like I got a grip I would decide I would want another one so then that would be all new again. I never did totally master the mother-of-one thing either so we'll just go with the flow this time too.
Its definitely busier, Harper is not a whole lot of work I wouldn't say, but she still requires lots and lots of time. She still eat 7x/day, sleeps a lot, but when shes awake I want to be spending time with her and thats hard to actually do. She now loves to look in the mirror so most days, while Big Sis is sleeping, I will put Harper in my lap and just hold the mirror in front of her so she can smile at her gorgeous self and kick the little ball. That's a very fun and calm time of my day - only lasts about 20-30 minutes so I try to take care of it.
Art and I are functioning much better this time around than last. Part of that is due to the fact that Harper sleeps much better and more often that EK did, but I think part is also because we knew better what to expect. PS. WHy don't people keep it real for 1st time moms? I would have been so much better off that first time if i had only known a fraction of how difficult it could be!!! And I probably had it easy compared to most moms!
This week we went to the aquarium again with mom. SO now at less than 8 weeks - Harper has been to the Atlanta ZOo and the Aquarium - and I am sure she enjoyed every minute and learned so so much!
This weekend we are headed to Nana and Papas house. Yay! Hopefully we will head over to see the baby cows that we visited back in January! I'm sure Harper will be totally intrigued by that as well! Nope - but Emma Kate will LOVE IT!!! It will be good to get some time with them this weekend and hopefully lots in the coming weekends - they head to Grand Teton National Park on May 20 and will be gone through September I think. So while we mourn the fact that they will leave us ALL summer - Art and I extend an invitation to all our friends to come to the lake with us!!! Anytime - you name it - we will go!!!
Here's a little peek at my girls today!
BJ(em's 'friend')'s mom, Mrs Barbara, sent Harper and Emma Kate some gifts in the mail today. Emma Kate already is wearing her big sis tshirt and Harper got a cute bunny ensemble complete with white puffy tail on the back. Can't wait for her to sport that this week and next! She's got on the socks though and they wanted to say, "Thank you!" So thank you Mrs Barbara! Come for a visit anytime!
Oh my goodness that video totally warmed my heart. I love Harper's cheeks that she is getting!!
ReplyDeleteThey are both so cute! If you are ever near Jacksonville, let us know! We'd love to see all of you!
ReplyDelete