Friday, April 17, 2009

Two Things That Show Me God Cares


Okay - so God is BIG! God is AWESOME! But I tell you - I feel Him so much in the small things of my everyday life. For instance...now hold on...these are small, but important!

In this picture you may just see a crock pot and a post card, but I see 2 signs of a lot of love and a lot of GOD!!! As you'll see on Courtney and Lindsey's blogs, Lindsey took Ella and Emma Kate this morning to Kangazoom and then to Chick-Chick! Yay Lindsey! Not quite ready to tackle the moon-jumps ourselves, Lindsey was up to the challenge! But before beginning the adventure she rushed in to my kitchen, pulled out the crockpot and threw some stuff in - I think it was: canned cherries, pinapple and pears, then some cake mix, butter, oatmeal and then almonds. Y'all, my house could not smell better right now! Not only did this angel of a girl/woman play with my girl all morning allowing me to get a lot done, she made my home smell like I've been cooking all day AND I get to eat it tonight! Lindsey, YOU ARE AMAZING! My life is blessed by you! This girl loves my girl and my girl loves her! Emma Kate was literally jumping down the stairs and skipping down the driveway as they left for the day. It made my heart smile - I couldn't stop watching.

So just now, after my hard workout :), some "heaven in a crockpot" which made the workout obsolete, and some peace and quiet I went out to the mailbox and pulled out this postcard. Its from Harper's new Waumbaland teacher. Waumba is the 'Sunday School' at Buckhead Church. Emma Kate is really learning about Jesus and who God is and she really loves it too. I LOVE IT!!! So this past Sunday (easter) was Harper's first visit to Waumba. The volunteer who brought her to me said what a joy she was, etc. Isn't that sweet? I mean, she's 8 weeks old, she's not THAT fun yet, but that was really good to hear and thats probably why she said it. I am so thankful for our church, for Andy and all the God is teaching me through him. But I am constantly blown away by the environments they have for our little ones. THANK YOU BUCKHEAD CHURCH! Thank you for the postcard and for showing that you care about my little girls!

Thank you God for Lindsey and BC! Through them You show me You are near!


And note: clock says 4pm which means both girls must be wiped out!

4 comments:

  1. You are too kind, Katie. I can't imagine what my time in Atlanta would have been like had it not been for you and your precious family!

    Thanks for letting me kidnap your girl today! Can't wait for another free day to come along so I can do it again!

    PS...Glad to hear that "heaven in a crockpot" is yummy!


    Oh...and sometimes when I walk into Buckhead...or ALL THE TIMES that I walk into Buckhead, I wish I was a mommy so I could take a child into Waumba Land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK- It has been over a week since the last blog! Milla and I get so much joy out of your writing and pics. Post an update about your weekend with the Dougli. Am I being bossy? Thas funnny. I love you!

    ReplyDelete