Papa Curt made EK and slip n slide for the afternoon on Saturday. She and I had a ball flying down that thing! She liked it much better with big ol mama behind her to make her go faster! Harper showed off her laughs and smiles. No jet-skiing for her yet. Guess that'll be next summer.
On Saturday their next door neighbor came up to the porch and said, "There's a little girl knocking on the window and waving at me!" Yep, pretty much sounds like Emma Kate when she should be napping! ANyone surprised by that!? It made me laugh out loud. She's funny. Life with her is just funny.
On saturday night in honor of our upcoming anniversary, Flo made Low Country Boil just like we had at our rehearsal dinner. She got out all the linens from that night, place cards (even one for Harper!), made homemade ice cream. It was so sweet! Thank you Nana for thinking of that and working so hard like you did 5 years ago! It was so fun!
So now I sit here with Harper who is growing like a weed! And I know weeds!- we have lots in our yard!!! She's THE BEST!!! Still just so content and happy to get attention when we can give it to her. I just want to look at her all the time and talk to her. Emma Kate continues to be a wonderful big sis. She's over the top on sweetness toward Harper. I wish sometimes I had a running video tape of my life so I could rewind some of the moments between these girls. I've been looking at Harper recently and kind of talking with her and its sad for some reason that she just wont even remember these moments that are so precious to me. I could cry right now just thinking about it. But I'll remember. I will! Its amazing! Can't wait to have another one someday! Ha! Poor Art! I think I am addicted to babies!
Okay - more to come - off to chat with Harps before we big up the big girl!
Love the idea of the rehearsal dinner remake. So much fun...and what a GREAT idea for a RD! You may need to remind me of that one 10 years from now. :)
ReplyDeleteYES! I cannot wait for baby number 3 one day. Maybe you could wait like 5 or 6 or 7 years and we could have one around the same time?? haha. That would be exciting.
ReplyDeleteWell, thanks for the update! It was super sweet. I cannot wait to be around yall all summer and fall!! wooohoooo!!
Its a beautiful day here in Auburn. mmm mmm. Auburn missed you.
or 10-12 years so WE could have one at the same time?!
ReplyDelete