WooHoo!!! Emma Kate is 4 and a half!!! Yep, and a HALF! She is so pumped. Pumped might actually be an understatement. She began saying she was 4 1/2 right after her 4th birthday. For some reason it was bugging me. I guess partly because she was using it in a prideful way towards her younger friends(younger meaning like 1 month younger) and partly because it wasnt even true. So I told her we would celebrate her big half birthday and after that she can say she is 4 1/2. Is that mean? Maybe, but it worked for us. So until then she was 4...and then 4 1/4. So actually, we even got to talk about fractions! Ha!
EK doesnt actually have a half birthday except during leap year so we celebrated a day early, on the 28th. We just had fun treats and happy things all day. No biggie. But then we made a pink, heart shaped cake and put in 4 1/2 candles. She was so happy! Earlier in the afternoon she realized that at that moment she was actually 4 1/2. She started jumping up and down. We were hollering and laughing. She said, "Now that I am 4 1/2 I have better behavior!" And you know what!? Her behavior seriously has been better! Maybe not just since monday, but just this age in general has been great for her. She is amazing! She's smart, clever, creative, fearless as ever, fashionable (according to some!). I think I love her more and more. She loves attention, duh! But now that she doesnt nap she gets more of it! And its great for both of us! I love my time with her! We both have a lot to work on but we are both having fun figuring out this mom/daughter relationship that is such a gift. She is a treasure!!! And she's FOUR AND A HALF!!! FINALLY!!!!! :)
EK doesnt actually have a half birthday except during leap year so we celebrated a day early, on the 28th. We just had fun treats and happy things all day. No biggie. But then we made a pink, heart shaped cake and put in 4 1/2 candles. She was so happy! Earlier in the afternoon she realized that at that moment she was actually 4 1/2. She started jumping up and down. We were hollering and laughing. She said, "Now that I am 4 1/2 I have better behavior!" And you know what!? Her behavior seriously has been better! Maybe not just since monday, but just this age in general has been great for her. She is amazing! She's smart, clever, creative, fearless as ever, fashionable (according to some!). I think I love her more and more. She loves attention, duh! But now that she doesnt nap she gets more of it! And its great for both of us! I love my time with her! We both have a lot to work on but we are both having fun figuring out this mom/daughter relationship that is such a gift. She is a treasure!!! And she's FOUR AND A HALF!!! FINALLY!!!!! :)
Half birthdays are even more fun than birthdays if you ask me! Happy Half Birthday, EK....can't believe you're four and a HALF!!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys crack me up! Love it! We might just have to start celebrating half bdays too! Harper is just a doll! OMG I could eat her up too! Next time we come visit I want us to be able to do with kiddos so i can see Emma Kate and Harper in action! Love you ALL!
ReplyDeleteMA