Monday, March 14, 2011

Here we go! The TERRIFIC Twos!!!

Yikes! I wasnt expecting this is such full force. I'm kinda blown away. We have another strong willed one on our hands! Hm, where do they get this!?! Y'all, H is in time out these days for all sorts of things, bless her little heart. Mostly, hitting when shes not getting her way, pulling ek's hair, and yes, getting out of bed OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again at naptime. Today was only day 2 of the dreaded Big Girl Bed transfer. Oh my goodness. Its honestly not as bad as I was expecting. I was expecting a full out dance party with disco ball and dj each night. So far the nights (this is night number 3) have been a piece of cake compared to naptimes. Art dubbed her "a formidable opponent" but be prevailed in the end. Wish I could have said the same today. 2 hours into the battle, it ended when she fell asleep with me in a headlock on her pillow scratching her back the exact way she wanted me to. Because, you know, there is a right way and a wrong way to scratch a 2yr olds back, and believe me, you dont want to do it wrong! Whew! What a struggle it was. But I know from some serious experience that I am laying the groundwork NOW. And it will all pay off in the end (which is hopefully tomorrow) when she doesnt get out at all! I do applaud her tonight though. She did not get out once! NOT EVEN ONCE! Yay Harper! You're the BGB Queen!
_____________________
Y'all, I need to reveal the details of our night last night. It was less than desired to put it lightly! And I am thankful nights like this are rare. And I am also thankful I have a God I can call on during these moments and hours to just get me through. Art and I had finished about an hour and a half of re-tidying the house and we were fist bumping, the whole nine. we were pepped about our progress and really pepped to hit the pillows with the time change and all. well, as soon as my feet left the floor ek started crying/hollering. I thought she had a nightmare. Nope! It was a nightmare alright! She had gotten sick all over herself, her bed, her pillow, her floor. Ugh. For 4 hours we stayed up with that sweet baby. Art ran to Kroger for TUMs (thought it might help, who knows!) - during that time H fell out of her bed. So I had one puking and one crying with a bruise on her horfhead. It was glorious! We watched TV, read books, what else. I have no idea what else. They went back to sleep and slept til 730 and no more sickness since. So thats super. But tonight H threw a major tantrum that I can only attribute to illness. Yes, it was that bad. So my assumption is that she cant possibly really be feeling well and acting like that - so I predict a midnight wake with her tonight! Please God, No!!!! I really do hope not! But it was one of those possessed kind of tantrums. If you dont know what I am talking about then LUCKY YOU, you are a fortunate soul!!!
I have lots to update on house stuff but I'm too wiped out.
Emma Kate starts spring soccer this sunday! I am so excited! her bff Ella will be joining her this time around!!! WooHoo!!! This should be fun!!!
GO SPIDERS!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. i can't even imagine one moment of a tantrum from that angel. you are one amazing mom and handle everything with such perseverance and grace! here's to sleeping one day down the road! yay for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOOO spiders. our first "practice" with ella went as expected. tears and pouting because i took the ball from her and about 124 hand balls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to find your blog, girl- good to see you for a second yesterday! I'm doing the race on Sunday, too- I know you'll have so much fun. At least it's fun after you're finished... :) Good luck- can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete