Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Big girl bed, running and house update!

Okay, so dont make us the poster family for the right way to do the big girl bed transition. Or anything for that matter! Its not THAT bad but I am having a harder time disciplining this one for some reason. She's a tricky little thing. When she's disobeying, she does it with a smile. Not a devilish grin, a full on smile. When combined with those humongous blue eyes and long lashes i just get sucked in, forcing me to give her just one more chance. and then another. and another. and another. until naptime has passed without a nap. She wins!
But she's SO CUTE!!! She had her "friends" all sitting in a circle around her. She was Miss Ashley leading Circle Time. Telling them to clap their hands and leading in "You Are My Sunshine". I mean, seriously, I dont stand a chance when up against that kind of cuteness! A few times her friends were in time out. I wonder what they did wrong?! They are stuffed animals after all!
Nighttime seems to go a little better. I was pretty passed out (from tiredness, not from alcohol just to get that straight) last night and vaguely remember art getting up several times to put the little rugrat back in bed after she wandered in our room at 2, 3, or 4 saying "Morning Mommy! Morning Daddy!". Its sweetness I tell you, but I still dont want it at that hour. I do, however, prefer it to screaming which we have also encountered many times in our short 4 AND A HALF years of this parenting thing.
I am hearing less THUDS in the night, which is comforting. But I am a little worried about Night Terrors. Any one have experience with that? EK woke up scared and shaking last night (which she NEVER does. ever.). so i sat with her a while, praying, scratching her back, etc. But just about once a week H will wake up screaming. I go in there to just lay her back down and she goes crazy. Wont let me hold her. Wont let Art touch her. runs around, hitting things, herself, us. Its the weirdest thing. She seems hurt. Like something is really wrong. She has no history of reflux or anything. So as a last resort i will sit in front of a 20 min show at 11pm. She gets totally calm after a min or two and then goes right to bed with no trouble.
Wierd, huh!? What do you think?

So maybe you know already, but I have been running more. Like, LOTS more for me. And I love it! I think I have just about hit that addicted stage! The stage I have heard about but thought was reserved for the REALLY crazy runner types. I was wrong! Its for normal people like me too! well, normal is to be debated I guess. The more I do it, the better I feel. The better I feel, the farther I want to go. Its amazing! And I am so thankful to have been encouraged and pushed by friends and family. I have not lost a single pound after 10 weeks dedicated to running. Thats a little bit of a bummer, but I'll take the feeling over a few pounds!

And a house update. Janet was a No Go on the house. She said she loves it. Its just poor timing. I was bummed, but thankful that the Lord presented her to us to get the ball moving. Perhaps that was her only role! well, and bringing Art and me to our knees. That was extrememly significant. Never before have I felt such freedom in knowing that the God of the Universe is at work in our lives. He has perfect timing and knows exactly whats next for this Douglas family. He knows how much longer we'll be here. He knows Arts next career move. He knows if we'll add to our family, where we will be living next, how far away it is, where ek and h will go to school, where we will go to church, how we will serve Him. Thank goodness He knows, because guess what!?!?!?! I have NO answers for any of those things. Right now, the house in on the market, we have had a few lookers and that's all I've got! And dont think for a minute that I wouldnt like to see just a glimpse of His plan. Just a little date circled in his agenda so I could start planning. But the truth is, I HAVE NO IDEA! But thats kinda exciting! Wait, and see! That's where we are these days!
But in the mean time, I am thankful for so many things! Thankful to be right where we are. Not wishing away the moments or days, but doing my best to be content with our sweet life on Adams Drive! Because it is really sweet...to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment