I don't really even know where to begin to explain all that this past meant to me. We just spent seven perfect days and nights in St Simons with my family. It was PERFECT! I truly could not have asked for anything better. Dad asked me last night what my favorite part of the trip had been. Its a little hard to answer b/c so many things were special but I think I have to say that seeing Emma Kate's excitement as soon as her feet hit the sand on Sunday morning was awesome. It was like she was meant to be there. She loved every single minute of every trip to the beach. She ran around in circles she was so excited.
And of course my fearless two year old would dart into the ocean faster than anyone I've ever seen. NO FEAR! I love it!!! She definitely is her father's child and I love that! Most mornings Emma Kate woke up around six so she and I would head out with Dad to go on a walk or to the beach or the pier.
Then come home a little before nine and the rest of the fam would be working on waking up! We visited our favorite bakery, Sweet Mama's. Marsha, the owner, is like a celebrity to me! I mean, she bakes for a living! There can't be too much better than that!!! We went there at least 4 times during the week for breakfast, lunch, whatever! And I always tell her that if she ever wants to open up a store in Atlanta, I am her girl!!! How fun would that be! You could just call me Sweet Mama!!!
Here are Artie and Emma Kate downing our first bfast there!!! It was tasty!!!
We rode bikes and just had an all around good time!!! It was AWESOME!!! Here are more pictures from the week - and more to come from Mom and Em's cameras!
And of course - what would a week to the beach be without a few posed pictures on the beach!!!
i amazed and impressed you got your photos and blog updated so quick. wow. great photos! so, so glad it went well. we all missed ya!
ReplyDelete