Wednesday, July 9, 2008

You're a grand ol' flag!


Happy 4th of July!
I love this holiday! It is close to my number one holiday after Christmas! As many of you know Art and I were "going out" as they say as of July 4, 2000. We were engaged three years later in St Simons Island after running the Peachtree Road Race that morning. And now, eight years in we have a baby girl dressed in red, white, and blue and hopefully she'll love it as much as we do!
We had THE BEST time at Lake Keowee for the LOOOOONG holiday weekend! It was so fun and perfect! We made some new friends and spent good quality time with old ones! Emma Kate was crazy about Amelia who is five and just gave EK all kinds of sweet attention. And of course she can never get enough time with Ella - somehow the Douglas/DeFeo girls just never get tired of each other - I think maybe its a miracle of somekind! Maddox and Mallory were cuties too and they all had fun playing with each other!
Art and I both wakeboarded - shocking - I know! We had an awesome time at the pool and in the lake. Emma Kate was once again fearless except for when Artie fell off the wakeboard. She was always just so worried about her Daddy.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. how did art's legs manage to grace our presence in the group shot? :-)

    ReplyDelete