Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yowzers!

So much life has been lived in the last week and a half I dont even know where to begin. As I type I have to say that I am hearing sweet prayers being said by Art and Emma Kate. We have had a bit of a whirlwind weekend so its good to hear those two sharing a sweet moment like that. here are pictures from this weekend and the last few days or so
On Friday the plan was for Art and Emma Kate to drive to Brunkswick to celebrate his grandmothers 90th birthday on Saturday. During that time I was going to dinner with friends I hadn't seen in a while, a fun walk with a good friend, another friends 30th bday party, etc. Surprisingly busy for little ol me. Well, Art was packing the car and I jus burst into tears. I couldn't let them go without me. For one, I wanted to be on the beach when Emma Kate was on the beach. She just loves it and I didn't want to miss it, even if it was just 10 minutes. Second, Arts grandmother I knew would love to see and meet our baby Harper. So I just thought I had to go. I have to tell you that after 3 hours in the car and only just past Macon (should take less that 2hours) I had a minor meltdown. I couldn't breathe. Harper was all scrunched up in her carseat, she was acting fine but I just felt bad. Emma Kate was asking "Are we there yet?" when we were only on the Georgia Tech campus. YIKES! I just couldn't take it, couldn't breathe. I felt trapped. POOR ART! I was crying, that made EK cry, Art's trying to calm us both down and Harper's just chilling in the bad staring at herself in the mirror. After a brief stop at Cracker Barrel and a few sweet teas later, we were all doing much better. Note to self: do not leave ATL on a Friday during spring break no matter what time it is.
So anyway, it took a total of 7 hours but we made it. Here we are with only 40 miles or so to go. And yes, I am somehow SQUEEZED between the 2 carseats - And buckled! My husband demanded it!
Had a good night sleep, woke up, went to the beach (for 5 minutes bc it was freezing), tried to look for crabs but they were too cold to come out of their holes and went to bfast and the pier. Then on to the birthday party where it was plain to see that it was great to have our whole family there. It was a special day and a wonderful time to celebrate a very special woman. We left there and actually made it home in pretty good time.
So 13 hours in the car, 2 rounds of Cinderella and 1 Lion King, several cokes and sweet teas plus stops to feed Harper, we were back in our own warm beds by 9 last night. And boy, was it good to be home! But it was also really good to have been gone!
Now Emma Kate is telling Art, "Have a good night, okay?" "Have a good sleep, okay?" "Night, I love you!" I mean, are you kidding me? This kid just makes my heart smile.

1 comment:

  1. i don't know how i missed this one. what an adventure! love all the new photos. as a 2nd child - keep up the great work documenting harper. she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete