This time 4 years ago I was living and breathing Auburn Football. Man, have things changed. Don't get me wrong, I love my Auburn Tigers, but there are things that require more love and attention and bring me greater joy these days. What could that be you ask? Artie, Emma Kate and Harper! Duh!!!
So what am I doing instead? Wella lot, but today for instance, we had a pretty fun adventure!
First stop, Chick for a DC and to meet the DeFeos to drive up to Burts Farm. An hour and a half later we had arrived. 1st stop - the hay ride! It was so nice and relaxing. Both babies were happy, both toddlers were perfect, Daddy's looked content and so that makes two happy mommies as well!!! We just mosied along the rows and rows and rows of pumpkins and took lots of cute pictures. I cannot even believe the amount of pumpkins they have. And they are all so cute and pretty and even reasonably priced. We left with a tiny pumpkin (chosen by EK), a loaf of pumpkin bread (devoured on the way home) and some popcorn (which involved a minor EK breakdown when shared with her BFF). Basically we can tell a story about every fraction of every moment of life in the Douglas fam. Poor Art - we have so much DRAMA!!! Sorry sweet husband! We said goodbye to the DeFeos and headed to Amicalola Park, had a picnic by a stream and found some pretty leaves. Then Art and EK watched a little deal about 4 different kinds of owls. I tried to watch too, but Harper had other plans! It was cool though - they brought out real birds and told us about them. Then we went to the outlets to return some stuff :) and we might have bought a few things too! Then we finally made our way home. It was such a great fall day. My Auburn Tigers lost and I have to tell the truth that I didnt even know until several hours after the game had ended. One day I hope I will pay more attention to such things, but for now, my joy and excitment come from this crazy life with my sweet family!
War Eagle!!!
oh - and click the pic to the right for more pics from today - THANKS COURT for letting us use your camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment