Tuesday, November 24, 2009

i know, i know

Agh! So life is a little busy these days. Well, busier than busy actually but I think its about to calm down. I think. Last week I made 30 meals for my Saving Grace Suppers clients. What? 30 meals! I cannot even believe it! This week I have made 10 - plus 3 for our Douglas Family Thanksgiving! I didn't really know I liked to cook so much, but I really do! But all of that is NOTHING compared to the fact that my sister has a new last name. I watched my sweet Emily marry her college sweetheart BJ on Saturday. It was wonderful, perfect, sweet, simple and FUN!!! I was a mess leading up to the ceremony - well, and during too, but once it was over I was feeling pretty good about the situation! That's good, right? I think I was just kind of overwhelmed by the fact that one of my baby sisters was a bride. One of the most beautiful brides ever, too! And the party afterwards was EXTRAORDINARY! I had so much fun dancing - dont think I look to good on the dance floor but I sure had some fun! Camilla was my hero that weekend...one of them anyway. She wrote our awesome toast practically by herself, made the DVD for the rehearsal dinner by herself and was just as poised and perfect as ever. The more time I spend with her the more I like her (if thats possible). We were so spread out age-wise that it was hard to have much in common growing up. Now she's my friend...my good friend...and she's so smart and insightful. So much I love about her. Mom was my hero that day too. I am not sure how she pulled this whole weekend off - and looked good doing it too! And Curt and Flo kept the girls all weekend long - there is NO way we could have enjoyed the whole weekend like we did, had it not been for them.
More pics to come! Amazing! It was so wonderful!
So that is just a little bit of what has been keeping me busy these past few weeks. I am not still in the mountains (like my last blog post would suggest!)!

2 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for some wedding pictures...but I suppose I can't hound you get because I haven't posted pictures from my weekend either.

    Happy Thanksgiving to the Douglas fam.

    I'm going to be making my way to Atlanta a few times in the next couple of weeks. Be watching for an email with the details...hoping to squeeze in some play time with my favorite girls and their mommies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were one gorgeous bridesmaid and it was a great wedding!

    ReplyDelete