Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hot, Mild or Hickory

Those three words are like music to my ears. When I hear them I know I am in Auburn at Mike and Eds - the best bar-b-que joint ever! So tasty! I sat across the table from EK (hot) and Artie(hickory) who were extra crazy about each other yesterday. They were telling secrets, laughing, smiling, hugging - my heart was so stinking happy. And Harps - well, she was my "mild"girl as usual. Despite the cold - she was all smiles for most of yesterdays adventure! We went to Auburn in the pouring down rain, the clouds broke when we got there and I think we even saw blue sky for a minute or two. We visited ACF where I interned my last year at Auburn, went to J&M for some Auburn "stuff", Toomers for $5 Limeade, and took 45 stinking miniutes to get to the stadium from there. Which was fine I guess - I was just hoping to see the eagle fly. Thankfully EK didnt realize we missed it so we were good. We watched one quarter of the game- we were losing - thats not why we left - the fact of the matter is that it was cold, windy, and um...oh, yeah we had a 3-yr old and 9 mth old with us! I totally nursed Harper in the womens restroom in a borrowed tailgate chair. It was awesome! Its just funny what I'll do as a mom - I get weirder and weirder.
So anyway, Mike and Eds came after the game then we made our way to Newnan to visit with the Waddells some of their friends. We had a yummy dinner and went trick-or-treating. EK had NO idea what was coming - we simply hadnt talked about it. She knew she was dressing up but that was it. She let Jacob take the lead and in no time she was running down the sidewalk screaming, "TRICK OR TREAT". She was pretty pumped about all the loot! She's still talking about it!
So basically - it was a wonderful day! Cold, rainy and simply wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. what a great way to spend halloween! that's one pretty cinderella and an edible chicken! too cute.

    ReplyDelete