Just want to give a little update. WARNING: this could get looooooooong.
Emma Kate Update:
this little fire ball is becoming not-so-little. She's like 13. Kind of. Today she was Harpers "teacher" at the Y and was talking all teenager-ish. "So, like, write her name down, okay? Will you be at the Fitness Center? Yes? or No? Okay. So if she has a stinky diaper, I cant change it so I will come and get you, so write that down. Okay, now draw her favorite toy so I can know. And then write her favorite color? Okay, is it pink? Okay, I will get you a pink marker then. Hold on ma'am." and it went on for like 20 minutes. Hilarious.
She's still a ball of energy just like the last 3 years and 305 days. She's a mess. Although, I am starting to hear that the energy goes up a notch at 4 so I am crossing my fingers thats not true for my girl. Please God!!! But even so, we'll have some fun! No plan to have another baby soon so I should be able to stick with her! She's been to VBS which she loved. I could not get over how much she learned while there for just 3 hours a day. Words like "Omnipresent" stuff like that. It means (according to EK) that "God is in all the houses all at once!" and she likes to make sure Daddy and I know that at the dinner table. My heart just melts when we talk about the Bible or Jesus or when she says her prayers (which are becoming sweeter). She would always clam up at dinner or bedtime and want us to say them, but she is getting more forward and confident. I love it! And I love to hear what she thinks is important! We are "homeschooling" next year. Its only Pre-K 4 so no pressure. I am trying to really gather my thoughts about this whole homeschooling deal. I am pretty pumped to have her all to myself next year, but just not sure I can get my act together to have a "lesson plan" and stuff like that! Thats why I call Amy, my resident HS mom to tell me what to do! Its a little overwhelming at times and then I realize, she's only 4!!! And according to her Daddy, she is brilliant beyond measure so even if I taught her nothing she's be just fine (according to him!)!
Harper Darper. 17 months next week. This girl has my heart. I sometimes worry I dont give her enough attention or spend as much time with her. I guess I just need to give myself a break on that one. Having two is wonderful but its definitely a juggling act. She is saying a lot when she wants to. She's kinda funny. Yesterday she put a cracker on her head, said, "Mama Watch!" I turned around and she let it fall in to her lap while giving me the sweetest grin! Today she did the same thing with her cup. I just love that she's already wanting people to watch and knows what we will react to. Oh dear, I hope thats not because I havent given her enough attention. Hm... what else. She would twirl all day if we let her. Sometimes we let her go a little too long and sure enough, she starts walking sideways falling over. She is obsessed with her big sissy. She calls her "sssiss" something like that. She tell her to WATCH too! Harper truly is EK's shadow most days. Some days it is taken well by Sissy and some days not so well. There's a fine line and it is often determined by a certain 3yr olds attitude that day! Harper is a 5min snuggler which is fine with me - thats 5min longer than her sister ever snuggled. She seems to be becoming a little fearless one like her sister, already climbing on everything and doing the CFA playground alone! Yikes! Mommy is not quite ready for that yet! She's got 6 or 8 teeth on the top and only 2 on the bottom. Do you think somethings wrong? Seriously, do you? Its probably bc I dont play with her enough. Oh poor second baby!
I had the baby itch a few weeks ago. I NEEDED another baby!!! Thankfully it was just an itch and it'll be scratched by the arrival of two babies this summer! Not mine, but dear friends, so I rejoice in knowing I will get to hold a teeny one soon!
Artimus is super! Work is great. Well, its work, but for work, its great! I am so thankful for that! He's been traveling a bit which he enjoys so thats fun!
July 4th is a big deal for us! Its when we started dating (which seems like an eternity ago) and its also when he asked me to be his wife!!! I am so glad he asked and so thankful I was smart enought to say YES!!!!
Pictures coming oh so soon! When I can find time to figure that out. Plus, I need to tell y'all about the Victorious Douglas Dynasty at the 1st Annual KOC Family Olympics!!! Oh yes, we won the coveted pink flamigo (now decapitated - thanks Em!) so all is well in the world of Emma Kate! (thanks Court!) Much more of that to come!!!
Happy 4th!
D-Y-
ReplyDeleteNASTY!
Love your updates. Can't wait to see the Douglas clan next week!!!
ReplyDeletesorry about the pink flamingo...I am a horrible aunt for that reason. Can I buy a new one?
ReplyDelete