He was being arrested for driving without a license. He was going to take the lawn mower you were throwing away. I asked Barry (the patrol guy) if I could maybe talk to the man so as to call a friend or family member for him. Barry said sure. The man just got his work permit today and was coming over this way to get some money and then was going home to his wife. He was crying because his wife had been badly burned and is bedridden. She must be turned over every 2 hours and he was on his way home to do that. She doesn't speak English and they have a little boy at home. He gave me her name and their phone number and his address. They close (Midtown West Apts). I'm calling a friend that speaks Spanish to call his wife and let her know what happened and also to see if he can help turn her and contact a friend of hers to help her. I felt very sorry for the man.
So you know me...I am a little naive with things like this...I admit it, but I also feel like God gives me circumstances like this one to say, "Katie, be content! Be thankful! Be peaceful! Enjoy this incredible life I have given you. It doesnt matter what car you drive, at least you have one. It doesnt matter how big your house is, be thankful I have provided this luxury for you. What matters is that you LOVE ME and glorify my in EVERYTHING you do! Katie, you really have no idea what a real struggle is! No idea!"
If you will, please pray for this man, that he would know the Lord (if he doesnt already) and that he would be delivered from this nightmare of a day.
So while this man felt like his life was falling apart, we were inside doing this. A sweet reminder that the Lord has blessed us and continues to do so. Popsicles were calling our name today at Publix so we got a big ol box!!! Harper enjoyed her first popsicle of many to come in her sweet little life!
No comments:
Post a Comment