I sit here in my living room. the living room I hope isnt mine at the end of the year. i smell burnt s'mores (i set the oven at 450* by mistake), i hear art scurrying around the kitchen (he's probably making piles out of the junk mail we have received lately), I also hear Harper hollering. She's hollering because she's almost two, and this is just what she does. I also hear EK screaming because Harper is hurting her ears. Ain't life super!?! Life with screaming children is dizzying. Oh, but now they are quiet. Emma Kate is trying to calm her baby sister down. So sweet. She's trying to figure out which babies Harper wants. Now Harper is screaming "SISSY"! Over and over and over and over and over! Oops...s'mores. Please dont tell me I burned another batch!!!
Well dern. They aren't burned, exactly. They'll do. Hot! Hot! Hot!
Now Artie is calling the lady thats interested in our house. Yes! Someone is interested!!! I know, its a long shot, but its encouraging, considering we've only shared the news with a few people. She is flying down, yes flying, from Milwaukee in two weeks to check it out. Can you imagine? Can you EVEN imagine!?! Only God!!! She didnt answer. Oh well. There's always tomorrow!
There are also two people interested in the Pathfinder so we'll see what comes of that!
Stay tuned!
In other news, Emma Kate and Harper are serenading us nightly with EK's new guitar. It is so fun to sit in their room together at night watching and listening to them with this new toy! To be honest and very small part of me thinks, "what if she's the next taylor swift?" thats a BIG what if considering the musical talent she was given through me - NONE!
Both girls slept a total of ZERO minutes today. Let me count that for you.
Yep, ZERO! It was kind of great though bc I got to take ek to the Kidz Rock class at the Y that she loves. It falls during the usual naptime on Tues/Thurs, but bc H was a rebel today, we were able to go! Emma Kate LOVES this class! Its amazing! She has so much fun! She stretches and runs, and jumps and plays tag and who knows what else. Her smile is huge going in and enormous coming out! H and I chilled in the lobby with a dc and a snack from the vending machine, that I spilled all over the floor. Its funny how that stuff isnt even embarrasing anymore - I think bc it happens so often! I'm used to it!
On another note. BSF. Have you heard of it? Whew! Well, I am working through my first year at BSF. Its hard. Its awesome. Its a lot of work. Its some dedication. Its a LOT of learning. And it is blessing me immensly! I am so thankful for this opportunity (which may not have been possible if we had not follow the Lords lead in keeping EK out of school one more year). Mom and I are doing it together. Well, not really together together. We are in different groups, but we are reading, learning, and soaking up the same things. I cannot even believe how much there is in Isaiah! And I cant wait to do this again with John, or whichever book comes next in the rotation. Its amazing! Seriously. I actually need to be working on it right now - because contrary to what you might thing, ha!, I am a bit of a procrastinator! Its just how I do things. Its not how i WANT to do things, but whatever, its just what I do! So I'm off to unsuccessfully tackle the rest of Isaiah 34 and 35. It will all be more clear tomorrow around 11:30 after the lecture where I have about 27 AH!HA! moments when the truth of the text is actually revealed! Until then, its all confusing to me! But, hey! I'm a beginner and not afraid to admit it!
Oh - and the girls were aleep in 5 minutes. A perk of this many minutes of sleep in a day (0)! And my stomach hurts from the s'mores!!! But hey, it was worth it! I guess!
I just love the "daily life" updates...especially with the movies. I can just picture it all taking place.
ReplyDeleteSo excited that you are doing BSF. I'm not able to do it because my schedule conflicts with the meeting time, but some of my friends are...so I am kind of tagging along with them. You're right...it's intense, but I'm loving it, too!
Can't wait to go to Harper's first concert so I can say "I knew her when!" :)