Thursday, January 27, 2011

the small things - i love the small things!

Today, I ran on Peachtree! I love running on Peachtree! It makes me happy! It makes me love Atlanta! And it never happens! But it did today, and I loved it! I finished up "work" at the church early so I hit the sidewalk. It was wonderful. I'm attempting to become a real RUNNER these days, we shall see, but for now a 30 minute jog in Buckhead was just what I needed! Then after school EK, H and I met Mom Mom for a leisurely stroll around Chastain. What a gorgeous day made even better by some quality time with my fab mom. we were interrupted a few dozen times and never had a full conversation, but sometimes just being with her and sharing days like this is all I need. Because we kind of took our time on the walk, we missed EK's "workout class" at the y. Y'all she LOVES this class. She talks about it all week and she cant wait to go. But today, we missed it. So, what's a mom to do? How about a chocolate shake from, where else, Chick Chick! Um, that was the most delicious chocolate shake I have EVER had. Why is it so good? Because its Icedream I guess. We ordered it without whipped cream but with x-tra cherries. Sadly, there were ZERO cherries, but the big girl took it well. Thankfully! By that time, H was snoozing and snoring in her car seat and thankfully went right back to sleep in her crib. Now I am clean and a TJ's lasagna is cooking in the oven! What a life! Artie will be here in 30. Anna will be here in less than 2 hours. Then its off to small group - a group that needs its own post. Maybe its own set of posts. I could never have imagined this group in my mind! We are so thankful for these 10 folks and are enjoying every minute spent with them. We are beginning AW Tozer's Pursuit of God tonight. Should be interesting! I will politely nod and smile and then probably tell Art on the way home that I pretty much did not understand anything! But truly, this book is amazing! I hope as a group we will all get so much out of reading this together. There is so much potential for transformation in our lives and it certainly starts with pursuing God MORE! Its a challenge. And its exciting!
Speaking of EXCITING! People, Janet flies in Saturday. Thats in TWO sleeps! TWO!!! Ahhh!!! Any woo-ing ideas? we need her to LOVE this house! Please Lord, sell this house!!! Its a big weekend! One that I hope ends with shouts of joy, rather than tears of disappointment, but either way, God knows His plan for us, and that is just fine with me! I'm in. God, have your way, thats what we want...we are kinda just hoping and thinking that Janet buying our house IS your way!
Stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading about your life..makes me feel like I live a little closer=]]

    ReplyDelete