For 2011! Art and I are looking ahead at this year. We think this is going to be a GREAT year! A year that God shows up big time in our lives. Not that He doesnt already show up on a daily basis, because He certainly does. There are just so many things that we are hoping for, wishing for, and praying for that are going to be challenges only God could overcome in a year! A few of these things include but are not limited to: selling our sweet home (for hopefully a decent price), finding a new home (probably to rent), selling a car, getting Emma Kate started in Kindergarten, running a few races for me, finding a career that Art is passionate about and then getting him plugged into that (he really likes his job now. we are SO thankful for it! in our dream world, he would be doing something he loves and feels makes a difference), perhaps growing our family, perhaps!
I look at this list and think, WHAT!?! how can I do all this? Well, here's the thing! I CAN'T! Only God. I cannot imagine life without the Lord with me. I am so thankful that this is how I was raised. I am fortunate to have made the decision to follow Christ at an early age. And that I also married a man who loves Him and follows hard after Him, and who also has grown up much like I did! We joke because Art grew up Methodist and I grew up Baptist - really there's not much difference, but we still pick at each other sometimes! The first time I went to Arts home church we did communion. We had to go up front. What!?! Agh! In the Baptist church we passed it around - maybe we were too lazy to go up front, I dont know! But anyway after pretending like I knew what was going on, we made our way back to the balcony with our friends and I looked at Art, and said, "what do I do with this?" - talking about the grape juice cup - he just laughed and said, "Leave it down there!" It was funny at the time. And actually that has nothing to do with what I am talking about! SHOCKING!
Anyway, God rules! And I am looking forward to following Him through this year as prayers get answered, maybe in the way we imagine, maybe not, but either way, I rest in the peace of knowing God knows WAY better than I do! Praise Jesus for that!
Stay tuned for house updates, car updates, baby updates (maybe), job updates, school updates! Great Expectations for 2011!!!! I am so so so excited!!!
it's going to be a GREAT year! so excited to watch it go down. love ya friend!
ReplyDelete1--I am in tears. Literally, bawling. I love your faith, Katie! If I had only half the faith you have, I would be a blessed girl!
ReplyDelete2--Adding your God-sized dreams to my prayer list. Can't wait to get my highlighter out throughout the year as they are answered!
3--Love the new blog design!!