Friday, May 9, 2008

Hooray for Friday

Fridays are always good days! It means Artie gets to be home with us for 2 whole days! YAY!!! To celebrate, Emma Kate and I went to the zoo! We went alone this time and it was great! There were a gazillion kids there and as I walked in the lady at the entrance said, "This is our busiest day of the year! You may want to hurry before they get in there!" We hit the elephants first (we went back to them about three times), saw the rhino (who tee-teed as you will see from the attached video), she was crazy about the panda as usual. Its funny how she really gets more into this each time we go. Its so fun. This is a GREAT AGE!!! I love it! She really is my buddy! We would just stare at each animal and she would look at me with a big grin as to tell me, "Mommy, I am so glad to be here and that we are here together." That might not have been what she was saying but thats what I heard. We rode the carousel and the train, played on the playground, had lunch and just an altogether good day. I got on I-20 going the wrong way as we were headed home. Oh well, no big deal - just a minor detour - I seem to have more of those these days.
MORE MAY PICTURES

Emma Kate is learning so much these days it is hard to keep up, but here are a few things that make us laugh (and not laugh!)
  • She knows exactly where Ellas house is and says, "Ella's house" as soon as we start in that direction.
  • She wont take her crocs off and can put them on all by herself
  • her favorite word is "me!"
  • "Jesus loves me" is her #1 requested song
  • She knows what belongs to who - for example, if there is a pile of 5 cellphones she will tell you which belongs to Mommy, Daddy, Milla, etc
  • she is crazy about June (mom and dads dog)
  • she can spot The Home Depot, Publix and Chick-fil-A (we are frequent visitors at all 3)
  • bubbles are her favorite and she is starting to like sidewalk chalk
  • we watch the birds most days on the feeder outside
  • Miss Tammy across the street loves to spoil this girl and she knows it! She loves miss tammy!
  • Emma Kate walks right on in to the Y daycare! It only took about a year but she really seems to like it now!
  • Yikes - she says "shoot" or "geez" when something goes wrong. I think her parents need to work on this one
  • When I say, "Auburn" you say, "Tigers" and she says "Hey" each time I say Waaaaaar Eagle! : )
  • she can do all kinds of puzzles; shapes, animals, tools, etc.
  • she can name and identify lots of shapes
  • she can count - not really! we are working on it. her favorite number is three though!
  • everything is WHITE. What color is that tree EK? White!

Shes just a good girl! I hope you have a super weekend! Off to read my book and drink some DC!!!


1 comment:

  1. what a treat for both of you. i bet that was fun to be alone with out the two brown-headed people following you. she is more precious every day.

    ReplyDelete