Oh my. So here is what we are "dealing with" right now. I have a wonderful and sweet baby girl who certainly knows what she wants. I hear "no" and am ignored more than I would prefer but we are making it. You know, when you think about being a parent of sweet innocent baby, you just dont really think about this stage. Well, I didn't anyway! The other day we went to Suzuki Village to play with lots of other babes and toddlers. I will admit that I was a bit nervous just going because Emma Kate likes to mark her territory. Everything in the room belongs to her so other kids beware. One minute she is just chilling in the balls with Maddox and Ella and the next she is running across the room to grab a toy from someone. AGH! I tried to just stay cool and teach her through these moments (there were about 20 in all). And THEN for some reason she just kind of snapped. She pushed some cute girl and the girl didn't even acknowledge her. Then she piched her little wrist. The girl was still unaffected. So then...Emma Kate tried to BITE HER! What!?! Did I teach her this? What!?! Agh! I was stunned. I grabbed her, trying to be cool and took her to the bathroom for TimeOut. TimeOut works for this kid. She hates being away from the action. A couple of minutes later Courtney and Ella walk in. Ella evidently was missing Emma Kate and didn't like that she was in trouble. So anyway, all that to say, that this is what our days are like! I joke about it some and I know it will pass eventually! I would love any input on how to deal with things like this - especially in public. Thats the hardest.
Here are pictures from our outing to suzuki. Please note the picture of ella bella being attacked by her BFF Emma Kate. Ella is so cool about it these days! Thank goodness!
http://picasaweb.google.com/courtdefeo/FunFridayAtSuzuki?authkey=wm6xTJdw0wM
No comments:
Post a Comment