my girl. she is so tenderhearted. I think she is anyway. She is tough when she wants to be but the sweet girl just lost it on our way home from my parents tonight. We are going to the zoo tomorrow. I asked her what animal she would like to see. She said, of course, "Dottie, the elephant." AGH! Why does she remember. I told her Dottie got sick so she's not there anymore. "where her go, to the elephant doctor?" "Yes baby, she went to the elephant doctor and was very sick." "her have a cough?" "Yes, Dottie has a cough and she died and went to heaven." I mean, WHAT THE HEE-HAW do you tell a 2 year old about an elephant dying? She completely lost it. I mean, lost it. Hollering, crying, the saddest I have seen her in a while. It was the most touching, sweeting, and saddest thing I have witnessed. My heart is broken for her. She says she wants to see the 'mommy elephant' - holy cow - how does she remember these things?
Then thankfully, as we walked into the kitchen she said, "check my email?" and now she seems to feel better about the situation. I apologize in advance to everyone at the zoo with us tomorrow if I tear up when we see the elephants. We were really looking forward to seeing Dottie and her baby.
Am I seriously blogging about an elephant? Well, its just something that matters I guess - and I thought EK's response tonight was one worth remembering.
How sweet and incredibile smart is she! I can't imagine how hard it was to explain to her about Dottie but isn't it amazing how intelligent she is at 2.. how God gives us the desire to know and learn.
ReplyDelete