
So - its been a little longer than I meant for it to be since I last posted. And I have only had one protest - Auntie Em!
We are just busy I guess and I seem to have a lot on my mind these days I suppose.
Emma Kate is so great. I just can't get over her some days. More than a few times lately I have literally teared up at our discussions at the dinner table all together. She really is turning into a little girl and its becoming more real to me that I am a mom. I am Emma Kate Douglas's mom! How did that happen!?
Here are some recent pics of our girl
Our small group is studying A Life Well Spent. A really great book so far. Last night we discussed the legacy we want to leave for our children. We all had different ideas of what we could do to instill the values and love of Christ that we desire for our children but it really got me thinking. How can Art and I start now with our little family to set a good example for Emma Kate, etc to follow?
My first thought is I want our children to see us praying - see us spending time with the LORD and to know that we go to Him first when we need anything, big or small. Easier said than done, first I think I need to actually start doing that - not just when I need something. I want Emma Kate to know that my relationship with Jesus is real.
I am learning to be content in all situations - not that I have some hard life where I need to really learn that - but you know what I mean. Just be content - not wanting what the other person has, etc. And wanting not just what I want but what Jesus wants for our lives. This is a HUGE desire for our children. That they can be thankful for what they have and not think life would be better with better clothes, bigger house, faster car, etc. No, I have not learned this, but I am working on it!
I'll get back to our legacy when my pregnant brain is not taking over - it seems to have overwhelmed me at the moment. One other thing we discussed was family traditions - I hope to start some of our own this year - beginning with some Thanksgiving garland or something like that!!!
So many good legacies...I especially love that you want your children to see you praying. Powerful, very powerful. So thankful that I've been able to get to know your sweet family!
ReplyDelete