Thursday, August 27, 2009

Birthday Week: Day Four

Today was interesting to say the least. Emma Kate is fully preparing us for the road ahead as parents of a 3-year old! It was a super day til nap-time and I just won't even get into that! Today she opened sparkly pink shoes!!! Fun!!! I was hoping she'd wear them today but seems like they hurt her feet. Oh well - we'll find others she'll like better! Nana and Papa gave her a fun 'membery' game that we never got around to playing today. Where in the world does the time go? It's nuts! Harper and I did lots to prepare for the Purple Party tomorrow. After I picked Emma Kate up from school we took cupcakes to the CFA Vinings crew. If you didn't already know, we are Raving Fans of Ms Brenda, Ms Cindy, Ms Lela, etc at that Chick! So what kind of birthday would it be if we didn't share some of the goodies with them!!! I was at one point up to my elbows in purple rice krispie treats! I will admit, I stole a bite or two...or three or four while I was making them!
It's been a fun week and I will definitely be doing this whole Birthday Week again!
Stay tuned for pictures from tomorrow's purple day!

2 comments:

  1. i love that you took them cupcakes. you are the best. i'm up at 2 am and can't sleep. just got done praying for ek for tomorrow. i know she'll do great. you are such a great mom. just remember that you/her will only remember the GREAT memories that you are creating this week. the challenging moments will seem distant later - but as we all know doesn't make them any easier to swallow in real time. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. big hugs to the Douglas family!

    ReplyDelete