Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Birthday Week: Days One and Two

This is the start of something new (I think)! This week is Emma Kates's birthday week. The plan is to celebrate her all week - decorate, celebrate, shower her with love and several different gifts. So far we're having a lot of fun! Yesterday was Day One. I put up her sign over the mantel, decorated her chair at the dining room table, had purple yogurt for breakfast and we gave her a Cinderella plate - literally $2 at PartyCity! Today is Day Two! I made purple pancakes, she drank purple milk, purple flowers are on the table and her gift for today was a Mermaid Blabla doll that one of our cousins gave her when she was a baby. Isn't that terrible of us? But hey - she's just now getting where she likes stuff like this - so it was worth the wait! She loves it! So that cost us a whopping ZERO dollars!!! Nana and Papa also sent small gifts for each day! That started today with a pretty purple bracelet made by a real Indian woman names "Two Horses"! EK got a kick out of that!
So you may be thinking, how am I getting all of this done? Well, the plan is to stay one step ahead of my girl! For instance, just as she was getting up yesterday morning I was putting up the last "e" in Emma Kate on the mantel. This morning, she walked out of her room just as I was "wrapping" her doll - aka throwing it in a bag with tissue paper. Its taken some thought and preparation, but I have been looking forward to it! Art asked her why we were having purple pancakes for breakfast and she said, "Because you love me!" YES!!! We do love her! She knows that anyway, but its fun to be celebrating my girl! I love it!
Oh - we also made a menu for the week. EK picked out some of her favorite foods - I made a few suggestions based on what I had already purchased at the grocery store, but she definitely felt proud of her own menu!!! Last night she and I made pizza and salad! Tonight - hm, whats for dinner tonight? I can't remember - have to check her menu!
So there it is! Day Three tomorrow!
Am I setting myself up for disaster with having to do this every year? Who knows, but for now, we are all having a blast!!!
Here are some pictures of us in August!
Have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. love it. love it. love it. awesome memories for this girl and the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! I'm adding this to my "when I'm a mommy journal."

    Love that the blog is purple for this week too!

    You're the funnest!

    ReplyDelete