I just can't get over this child. She is amazing! Harper will be 6 months old this week. Time is flying by. She's eating big girl food (kind of!). Pears, sweet potatoes, bananas, prunes, oatmeal - so far she has liked them all! I am learning that shes very curious. Always eager to play with something new or put it in her mouth like most sweet babies her age. She's often distracted by whats going on around her and for the most part easily entertained. She's a happy baby. As long as she has something to do or someone to talk to (a toy will suffice) she's content. She giggles a ton, always smiles when emma kate talks to her. She's been waking up around 5 each morning. So last night for the first time we let her cry. I think it took about an hour for her to totally calm down. I was feeling so bad. Its so hard to listen to that knowing that I could just feed her and we would all get to go back to sleep. But I guess once we get through that we'll all be better for it. Its just hard to see that when you're dealing with it. Emma Kate somehow slept right through it!
Praise Jesus for babies! There is just nothing like this. Days are definitely difficult and sometimes I hear "Mommy" more than I would like. But then there are times I hear the same word and my heart just leaps. Its indescribable. How can these precious babies be mine? Well, I know how they are mine, but you know what I mean!
More on our week at the lake and...
oh yes, and please pray for my Grandmother when you think of it. She suffered a stroke on Saturday. Its basically too early to tell how she will recover from this, but right now she is paralyzed on her left side, unable to swallow or talk. She is understanding when people speak to her but definitely frustrated that she cannot communicate back. She is my Dad's mom. Her name is Dot. She loves the Lord and I am sure is eager to be with Him. Pray for my sweet Dad too as he figures out how to give the best care he can to her.
Keep you updated on that!

Not going to lie...I had a mini melt-down last night when 7:00 rolled around and I wasn't with your girls.
ReplyDeleteThe Atlanta playdate is going to have to happen sooner rather than later.
Happy 6 months, Harper girl!
--Praying for the Douglas family...especially Grandma Dot and Dad!