Thursday, August 20, 2009

Did I go to far?


So this picture is Emma Kate post-30 minute tantrum that all began with a purple lollipop. Poor girl. Basically she was just unkind to me and it escalated. No big deal at first, but it ended with a time out AND...sadly, a lollipop making its way to the trash. She was devasted, but followed through with the punishment, putting the lollipop in the trash on her own. I feel bad, but I think it made an impact - more than just TO would have made. Dont worry, Emma Kate will earn her lollipop back one day, but this one will be eaten by ants or something!
So how did we get her to perk up after that crazy screaming, etc? Art told her how much we love her, how big she is, and then started talking about her PURPLE PARTY next week! Hilarious! We are all going purple crazy in our house getting ready for the big day! Our sweet baby girl will be 3 years old next Saturday!!! How can this be? I cannot believe how much I love this kid. No matter how often I want to pull my hair out and cover my face and ears with a pillow, there is no price for this girl. She is mine and I am hers and I LOVE HER!!!
Here is my blessing of a husband with my blessing of a girl after we all made up!!! They are crazy about one another!!!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. EK looks like such a big girl in this picture...probably because she is. She's grown since I left and I don't like it one bit!

    ReplyDelete