So, it has been a while since my last post. And since then, there have been so many things I have thought, "I need to blog about this!" but of course now that I am taking time to write, I am completely forgetting what those things were.
I think I will start with awesome and funny conversations with my sweet Emma Kate. Her brain never ceases to amaze me. It is unbelievable! She remembers EVERYTHING! She pays attention to EVERYTHING! Well, everything but the sound of my voice, but we're working on that! So here are a few conversations EK and I have shared lately!
EK: (pointing to the trees) Mommy, is that a forest?
Me: Well, kind of. I see lots of trees but its not as big as a forest.
EK: What kind of animals live in there?
Me: Maybe squirrels?
EK: Maybe. and birds? and lions?
Me: Probably not lions, I think lions live in Africa which is pretty far from here.
EK: Is that where Lindsey lives now?
Me: No babe, Miss Lindsey lives lots closer than Africa. She just lives in Birmingham.
EK: Why her move there?
Me: God gave her a new job there sweetie. I can't remember what she's doing there.
EK: Hmmm....maybe selling shirts to girls at college?
At that point I was too shocked to respond. In fact, Lindsey has moved to Bham to sell shirts to college girls. How she remembers that is beyond me! I love it! She loves Lindsey and after thinking she could have moved to Africa, it sure makes Birmingham seem very close!!!
EK: Mom, where's Jesus?
Me: He lives in our hearts Emma Kate. If we believe He is God's son, He lives in us and is with us all the time even though we can't see Him.
EK: Hm...like in our tummies?
Me: Nope, not in our tummies, but in our hearts.
Ek: Oh, like on Earth?
Me: Yes, He lives on Earth.
EK: Our tummies are on Earth because they are in us and we are on Earth.
Me: Ok. (I mean, how do I respond to that?)
EK: Does He live in Heaven too?
Me: He sure does, He sits right next to God in Heaven too! We'll get to see Him there one day when God is ready for us.
EK: When we die?
Me: MmHm. Yep. But also, there will be a time that Jesus will come back to Earth. If we haven't already gone to Heaven by that time. then we will get to go to Heaven with Jesus without dying. Thats pretty cool, don't you think!?!
I NEVER want to forget the face she showed me after I said that! It was priceless. The sweetest face I have ever seen - and all over the thought of seeing the Lord one day!
AWESOME!
Emma Kate is also into story telling these days. Numerous times over the last few weeks she has just started telling a story. Her story usually involves a man with an interesting name who eats everything that she can see in the room around her. Sometimes thats food, but also can include a carseat, cup, straw, cup top, chair, bricks, etc. Art and I have really enjoyed this new side of her. It just cracks us up! She's just so happy when she's telling a story and she thinks she's SO funny!!!
Yay for a post. I've missed them so much. Precious conversations between you and your first born.
ReplyDeleteHopefully I will get settled into this new job soon so that I can drive over to see y'all one day!