Monday, August 3, 2009
This is FUN!!!
There are too many ways to count how the Lord has blessed my life. It feels great to be partnered with a man who loves the Lord so much and feels as thankful as I do. Nothing that we have comes from anywhere but the Lord. It's true. Art loves to give. My Dad has always loved giving. I think maybe its contagious. So this year Art set aside some cash to help a family in need. We went down to Bolton Academy, asked the Principal and Guidance Counselor if there was a family we could help. There was one family in particular in their minds. So we gave them a gift card to WalMart so the mom could go grocery shopping. And then yesterday (TAX FREE DAY!!!) Art and I took the girls to Target to rack up on all these clothes! 2 boys and a girl! Its kind of hard choosing things for children you've never met but it was SO FUN!!! I just want to leave this in my living room to remind me how great it feels to give. It feels GREAT!!! Just wanted to share because I am so excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

what an incredible way to spend the tax free weekend. i (like many others) were out loading up for our own. pretty cool that you went out to shop for others. that spirit will pass onto your girls - what a blessing. love you guys. so proud.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool thing to do. It truly is more blessed to give than receive.
ReplyDelete