3 years ago I wanted a baby so bad I didn't know what to do with myself. I talked about it all day long and drove Art crazy. So, being the sweet husband that he is, he let me paint the "baby's room". Because there was not an actual baby to speak of it was really the guest room but whatever. So we go to The Home Depot knowing that all I want to do it paint that room the palest blue. Somehow we came home with a bright yellow. I don't know what happened. We spent the next few days after work painting white and yellow stripes in our "baby's" room. Then we hung a chairail with glue b/c we couldn't nail it into the plaster. Ugh! Just an FYI to all unmarried readers. Before saying "I do" please paint at least one room with your spouse-to-be. It is a fun project but somehow caused more unpleasantness that we have since encountered. I think its good to be prepared when making a life commitment! : )
Since then Emma Kate has entered our lives. Yay! And she has enjoyed the yellow and white room. However, I have been talking about changing since her birth. we spent so much time on that crazy room that its painful to think about doing it again but we have started the process. Last night EK slept in our room because of the paint fumes. Emma Kate will soon have her Cinderella blue room!!! Thank you Artie!!! (You can really only see that there is a little blue on the right wall)
Can't wait to see it all finished!
ReplyDeletewe agree that every engaged couple should do a home improvement project together! it is so indicative of working together in so many life areas! you all have done more than most by now and you're still together. great job. -joy.
ReplyDelete