Monday, April 28, 2008

Cupcakes are our new favorite thing!

I will admit that the girl has had cupcakes before this weekend, but her passion for these little tasty treats has just begun.
We visited Nana and Papa this weekend and made cupcakes. On the way home she was hungry and all I had was a caramel covered cupcake. Yikes! What do I do? Well, I gave it to her. I just handed it to her in her carseat and in less that 30 seconds she was COVERED in sugar. She was a total mess. That's my girl!
Then yesterday at her baby dedication at Buckhead Church and guess what was on the table?
CUPCAKES!
She spotted them as soon as we walked in. I mean, is she related to her mother or what!!!??

So the program was over and it was cupcake time. She was wearing her nice fancy dress so of course I picked the "less messy" one for her to eat. White cake, white icing. She said, "No!". I put it back and grabbed the next messy one. Again, she said, "No!" Shocking! Then, there was one option left. Dark chocolate cake with very very dark chocolate icing. THAT was the one she wanted. Can you believe that? Not only does she like these cupcakes, she prefers chocolate. I think thats a little weird for a one year old if you ask me!
She certainly enjoyed it and today we made MORE cupcakes to deliver to her teachers at school tomorrow...Char (Miss Charlyn) and Maxie (Miss Maxine)!
Hope you can have a cupcake sometime soon!
Good luck getting EK to share one with you!

2 comments:

  1. A girl after my own heart! What a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! i am SO glad you let her be a kid even with her dressy dress on. you have got your priorities straight in my opinion and ... you are a great mom! -joy.

    ReplyDelete