Oh my word. Today is the day I am no longer "needed" at the playground. Today, Emma Kate went down the Vinings Chick-fil-A slide all by herself. I kind of forced her down the first time and after that she was good to go. I teared up a little bit I must admit. She's becoming more and more independent every day. She had a blast today playing with Marshall and Ella for a grand total of 3 hours. They had so much fun! Ella and Marshall are also "big kids" and did the slide alone as well. I think I was the only one as touched as I was! Imagine that!
So...here is my girl showing me her excited face about going down the slide. It doesn't look like she's excited but I can't ever time my camera right so you get to see this!
AhKate, as she calls herself, continues to be the joy of my life. She is so alive and into everyday. She loves watching people and asks for high fives to everyone she sees. If she doesn't ask for "fi" then she at least says Hi. She is a sweet and loving girl. Its neat to see that already in her personality. Her energy is never-ending, which is exhausting, but that just means we have lots of fun each day. Everyday I love her more, and love that I am home with her. It is amazing to think that our Heavenly Father loves us even more than I love this kiddo. Seems impossible, don't you think? But I believe it!
yay, big girl! how great that she got to have such a fun day - and three hours to get her energy out! wow. we went to 2 different playgrounds today - it was a great day for it.
ReplyDeletethat totally was a moment! although i didn't shed a tear, i did think it was pretty sweet. i got a couple cute photos that i'll send. and yes, i love her oh-so-much!
ReplyDeleteOMG! I can't take it!
ReplyDeleteBut I will try!
Love you,
MOM MOM