Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Day With the Cows!

We had the most wonderful adventure yesterday. I know this isn't true, but at the moment I feel like this precious time as Emma Kate as my only baby is passing quickly. I know life will only be sweeter in a matter of weeks but I feel this sense of urgency in taking advantage of the time I have with just her (and Art of course). Arts mom has mentioned a few times that she has a friend who has a cow farm. What? We were there! Just have to pick a time and it can't be too too close to the due date. So we drove up yesterday. And to think I almost missed it - I have caught EK's junky sickness she had last week. Yuck!
We had the best time. Just three hours of being outside, checking out mommy and baby cows, mooing at them, them mooing at us, climbing on tractors, climbing on hay bales, riding in the back of a truck, it was wonderful. Papa Curt came along with us too! It was really a sight! The two ladies had straw in their mouth so of course EK needed some too if she was going to be a real cowgirl. At first she was watching out not to step in all the cow stuff and by the end she just didn't even care. She/we thought it was all so cool! We never could get close enough to touch them - the mommies were all so protective. Emma Kate just kept saying, "Come here cows! Eat more chicken!" It was a fun day! We spent the rest of the afternoon at the Douglases. Emma Kate took a "nap" - I went in after an hour, she was still talking, had a book out, was reading and coloring in it. Oops! Sorry Nana! I took the book away, tucked her back in, checked on her 30 min later and she had ANOTHER book out! This kid!!!
So over the next few weeks I'll be soaking up what I can of my life as a mom of one! I will of course be thrilled with the arrival of our sweet baby and we will have even more to be thankful for and even more to take in! Whew! That should be interesting!!! Sorry if I go MIA for a few weeks!
Enjoy the pics of our day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. sweet post. i pray you will feel SO good these final weeks and have the energy to do some fun activities with your girl. what a sweet time for the douglas family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. this is a GREAT shot. print it out super contrast-y at like 5x7 then put with a huge white mat into a 11x14 frame!

    ReplyDelete