I laugh sometimes to myself because some of the dumbest things I find fun. I guess as a mom of a two-year-old thats just how it is for me. Courtney and I figure people think we are a little lame sometimes and thats okay because we admit to dressing our girls alike on occasion and just going to costco or target to race carts around the store. It makes us laugh, makes the girls laugh and gets us out of the house on rainy or cold days with little or no cost to our hard working husbands.
Yesterday EK and I planned to hit Target for some baby Douglas stuff. I am in baby mode now that Christmas is over. We bought LOTS of "essentials" I guess. Just a few things that I would consider fun, but mostly diapers, wipes, diaper cream, thermometer, etc. We also kidnapped Emily and Mom which made it a LOT more fun for me and I think EK would agree. We spent almost 2 hours in Target I think just browsing about every section. We were all getting worn out when we got to the dog area. EK pretty much demanded that Em sit with her on these tiny dog beds. Then somehow she even got mom down there for a picture too. She can get anyone to do anything if she asks nicely. There we were on the floor of a very busy Target at 11am on a Friday morning just sitting on dogbeds, taking pictures, saying CHEESE! I wonder where I got my love of having fun just by doing nothing. I love it! Its just plain silly fun that other people may think is weird. I love this part of my family! We have so many memories like this throughout life that we can draw on for happiness. I love it! I hope Emma Kate and the rest of our kiddos will love our family as much as I love mine. That would be a HUGE success in my mind. Thanks Mom and Dad for having fun with us and showing us that there is definitely a need to be serious but there is always time for fun!
I think it's so awesome how you do random funny things!! You inspire me to be more fun with my girls!! Love it! I would really like to race carts around Target with yall sometime!
ReplyDelete