- How do you know what to pray for when it seems like there is so much to pray for? I feel like I am asking too much or I just forget things. I keep praying for a healthy, sleeping, and suggly baby. Then I forget about praying for other things that are also so important.
- How do you know when/where to serve? I care a lot about people and situations but often just resist trying to do anything about helping. For instance, I had Atlanta's homeless on the brain yesterday. I would wonder for a second what could I do and then just went on with my day and my "rich people problems" like cleaning, playing with EK, going to dinner, etc. Then last night I turn on my TV and there they are - good samaritans out in the cold picking up homeless men, women, and children to take them to shelters or bringing blankets, hats, gloves, etc. Not that I should be out there doing those things with a 2yr old at home asleep or about to have another but I could have done something. And maybe one day I will be as proactive as those I watched last night. That is something I could also pray for and have been. Instead of just thinking about it I want to DO something!
- I am a big fan of President George W. Bush (as most of you know). I admit I was sad, but not crying, during his farewell address. Actually now that I think about it, I am surprised we didn't have fireworks going off in our neighborhood like we did on election night. I think I am more a fan of the man that he is than the President, but I do hope and pray that history will show he was indeed a good man who made hard decisions when faced with them. I just have this thought that we have no idea how crazy this world really is and that only the Pres and those around him can judge how he makes his choices. No doubt there is a lot of evil in this world and I am so thankful that he was President through 9/11, etc. I totally understand if you disagree - I think about 75% of America does, but he is someone whom I respect a great deal and I think always will!
- What a huge event the inauguration will be. Holy Cow! I do wonder though how all those people who will be there will be able to hear/see. Aren't they expecting the whole world to be there? Or at least half of it? Well, maybe they just get to see him drive by or something or maybe just being there is a big deal. I have never been, but I know it will be a huge day in the life of many Americans. And to fall the day after we celebrate MLK Jr is pretty cool too!
- Praise the LORD for the survival of everyone on board that crazy Hudson River airplane landing. That is amazing. Unbelievable! That is crazy! It could have been so much worse I just can't even imagine. Praise God for being with that pilot on the plane. What a huge miracle! The pictures of 100 people standing on the wings is pretty awesome!
- What do we do today on this freezing cold day? I'm thinking a little hokey pokey action, some painting, play-doh, a dance party or something! Anything to spend some good quality time with my girl, stay warm and mainly keep my sanity! :) And fast-forward to one year from now when its cold outside like this with a 1 year old and 3 1/2 year old in this house? Ha! That will be fun!
- Babies R Us. Buy 2 boxes of diapers and get a $15 BrU gift card. Diapers are on the brain right now. EK is basically done I guess (only when she is sleeping) but I dont know when we'll attempt staying dry during those times. So we are off to buy some diapers this weekend all for a free gift card. Is that dumb? Probably, but I will no doubt need diapers in the near future and I can always use a free $15.
- Its been nearly one year since mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. It all seems like such a blur now. I am so thankful that she is here, healthy and very cancer free. It is really hard to see your mom hurting like that. Praise Jesus for finding that lump and providing the doctors, friends and family for taking care of and supporting her!
Okay - so that's it for now. Just had to get some of that out - it was keeping me awake! Its almost time for Emma Kate's light to go on which means 100% mommy mode for me!
Have a great day!
i love that someone else's brain functions like this. i almost emailed you at 4 am last night - figured you were up too.
ReplyDelete