Friday, January 16, 2009

A few of my favorite things.

Emma Kate is making me laugh more and more. And a lot of times its when I should not laugh but discipline but oh well, we're having fun!
This is my very favorite face these days. She's hilarious. Usually looks like then when she's trying to be funny.
When on the potty, but ONLY when doing some serious business, she asks me to sit down and talk to her then close the door. Even when its just the two of us home, she really prefers the door closed while shes doing her deal. I just think thats funny.

She talks with her hands a lot, especially when she's acting like the mommy and art and I are the children.
She went on a date today. With herself. She had her phone, her keys and was going to Nana and Papa's house for her date. She asked that I take good care of her baby doll and please be sweet to her. I said I would.

She is constantly pushing the limits. Shocking, I know! She's been doing that since she was about 3 months old! :) For instance, I ask her not to step on something. She steps on it. I look at her kind of mean. She puts her toe on it. I get up to deal with it and she runs screaming to her room. Awesome! This happens 3 or 4 times a day. She's just testing me I guess but its a little exhausting
Now she's in her room discussing things with lovey, ha ha, and giraffe. I can hear her yelling HARPER, ABBY, TAMBELL! We have really confused her I think. I tried to set it straight this morning and she was calling her baby sister Harper but just now when I was putting her to bed she got that confused look again. Uh oh.

Yesterday was theh first day I could get her to talk about her friends at school and actually tell me their names. Usually when i ask she says, "I don't know" or "I forget" Ugh! But yesterday I asked who in her class goes potty like she does. Her eyes lit up and she named 3 or 4 other kiddos. She was really proud of them. And I was proud of her for telling me all that. On top of that when we left school yesterday she said, "I stay here with them." "With who?", I asked. She said, "Miss Winnie and Miss Gail." I think she was trying to see what I would do because she made this funny face that said, haha, gotcha. But who knows - I guess she really likes it there and that is SUPER with me!




2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about that face...I'm going to have to remember that for the next time I see her!

    Glad to hear that she's at least saying Harper....that's more than I could get her to do last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    I love the blog (perhaps because it is about y'all who are on the top of our "favorites" list) and often want to respond, but haven't been able to recall our identity. Well, I think I've finally gotten it right, so expect to hear from me more often. EK is quite a character... wonder where she got all of her antics and expressions. The say "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Do encourage her to come to Papa and Nana's any time she takes herself on a date. Love, Flo

    ReplyDelete