Monday, January 26, 2009

This mom thing is hard

Every day, every hour, every moment is so different. Why is it this way for me? Maybe I am normal, but maybe not. We have had a super day but I find myself huffing and puffing over the littlest things. A lot has to do with being tired, but sometimes its just because I am tired of hearing, "Why?" or "NO!" or "I don't know!". I have to remind myself I am only 2 years into this job that will last my entire life. When I remember that I can usually pull myself out of whatever funk I am in. When we returned from the grocery store around 1:30 this afternoon I went into discipline mom overdrive. I guess I was just tired of the disobeying or more just the acting like she doesn't even hear or understand what I am saying. So getting her into pjs and stuff was a struggle. Then I remembered this is FUN! So we sat together on her bedroom floor, her arm around my neck and read some sweet books. THATS why I wanted this job so badly! Then its bedtime - the tears start flowing and I get flustered again. I try to hold my frustration in and its hard. A few minutes later I go back in b/c she crying sitting up in her bed. She said her tummy hurts. Well, I dont have tummy medicine but I scooped her up, gave her some kisses and crackers and gave her some tylenol (I know thats not for tummies, but she felt a little warm so I went with it). For the next 10 minutes she ate her crackers while I held her on my hip and vaccuumed. Every 30 seconds she would lean in, give me a kiss and say, "I love you Mom!" OMGoodness! THAT is why I wanted this job so badly!!! Those moments of genuine love and care - there is just nothing like it. I love my sweet precious Emma Kate and I never forget that I do - I sometimes just let the day-in, day-out life stuff get in the way. I know thats how it has to be sometimes, but I just want to remind myself daily, even hourly that this is the best job in the world!!! And from what I hear its only going to get better once Harper is in the mix!
Just wanted to share! Hope your day is full of fun and love!!!

1 comment:

  1. amen. ditto. right on. this is the hardest/best job in the world! i think you are doing an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete