Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life is truly a miracle.

37 weeks this week. Baby girl is still measuring small so Dr Dozier asked that I have another ultrasound. Little did I know that I would have a 3D ultrasound. Oh my word. I can hardly take it - she looks like her sister. I think so anyway - you can be the judge. The nurse was just being sweet to do that. I didn't ask for it or anything but was so thankful to get to see our little girl.
Everything looks fine. Not just fine, everything looks great. She's just small. So as much as I feel ready to get her here and as anxious I am about starting this new part of our life as a family I guess my new prayer is that she'll just keep on growing and wait to come out until she's good and ready. Based on my sleeping last night I was really praying for a 3 week early child but i guess I will ammend that prayer today.

Enjoy the very first pictures or our precious tiny girl. As of today her name is Harper Livingston Douglas. Hmmm...I've never seen it written out.

Off to tuck Emma Kate in for her nap!

45 minutes later - things did not quite go as planned.
Let me give you a brief summary.
  • Took EK to the potty - afterwards she would NOT let me take off her clothes to put her pj's on for nap
  • after leaving in her room she decided to cooperate
  • 7 minutes later I had her diaper on finally.
  • picked out some pj's - she did not agree with my choice, but eventually got them on her.
  • then noticed a rip around the neck so had to take those off at which point she decided those were the exact pj's she wanted on. seriously?
  • picked out pj pair #2. again, she disagreed with my choice and eventually I let her pick soe out that she liked.
  • After a short struggle got the pj's on that she picked out only to hear from her lips that those were not the pj's she intended to wear and that she really wanted the ones that I had chosen. Seriously? Mind you - she is screaming beyond comprehension at this point AND i only got 4 hours of sleep last night. OMG!
  • Once those were halfway on she wanted the old ones back, but don't worry - I stood my ground. She pitched a fit so I left her in her room and told her to calm down. Had to hold the door shut to keep her in there but a few minutes later she was sitting down, hands folded, saying, "Mommy, I calm down now." As soon as I opened the door she put the pj's on and we both laid down in the bed.
  • She calmed down, we had a few moments of sweetness, she rolled over, I scratched her back until her eyes were closed, slowly tried to exit the premises. She seemed okay with it until I was completely vertical. Just now she has quieted down.
  • Whew!
  • Seriously!?! Its funny and so not funny at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, that is amazing! Harper Livingston Douglas is a beautiful little girl with a FABULOUS name. I can wait to hold her. I am thrilled for you guys and my big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so thrilled to get to see a little glimpse of how beautiful my new niece will be! She will be lucky to look just like her sister and mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love her already. i cannot believe how much that nose looks like ek. crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! I can't believe you are so close to having that sweet baby! She looks JUST like EK in these pictures! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete