You'd think I spent a fortune on these glamorous flower headbands, right? It was already hard to pass up the dollar bins at Target every time I go and now with two girls who can be silly together it may be even more difficult. I guess Harper's not really acting silly yet, but she will in time - it comes with the territory.
Things are going surprisingly well. 2 weeks down...many many more years to go! I have been overwhelmed by everyones generosity in bringing meals and just taking emma kate places and offering to run errands for me. Mom has been here most days entertaining Emma Kate. Without her I am not sure I would still be breathing. My first full day alone with the two was this past Friday. I was feeling a little less than great plus having both girls - let's just say Emma kate may have watched 8 hours of TV - maybe not that much, but I admit it was A LOT!!! I just didn't have it in me to do anything fun. Ill get there eventually though - just trying to get through these first few weeks/months right now.
But really, Harper is a dream baby so far. EK was a screamer - day and night, scream, Scream, SCREAM!!! Agh! Art and I would be awake all night - poor Art. I would cry, she would cry, Art would just shake his head and have no idea how to help either one of us. Then EK and I would cry all day too, but Art got off the hook - he got to go to work! This time around has been so different (so far anyways). Harper actually sleeps at night - 2/3 hours between feedings - she's even gone 4 hrs a time or two. She sleeps all day. I heard babies did this but I had not witnessed it for myself. She gained a pound her first week home which was a HUGE blessing. 15 ounces to be exact. So she is eating well and that is not a big concern anymore. Now I just need to figure out how to get energy up to play with ekd. Any ideas please send them my way! And once it warms up we will head outside, but I'm just not all about taking a 2week old outside when its 30degrees outside.
Here's a fun video of my ballerina - we think we'll actually try gymnastics in the fall, not ballet - that should provide some great entertainment in the not-so-distant future!!!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
can't resist the $1 aisle at Target
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is Em's tutu!!!
ReplyDelete