Sunday, February 8, 2009

Greater than good!

Posted by Picasa
She's here! After 9 months of waiting oh so patiently (not really!) Harper Livingston Douglas has made her way into the Douglas family. After much worry and concern over her size the girl ended up 7 pounds 5 ounces - absolutely perfectly healthy!!! Praise the Lord! I have once again learned a valuable lesson in leaning hard into God and knowing that He is in control of everything.
So here's the scoop. On Friday, Febrary 6 I was induced around 9am at 3cm. Pitocin was started around 10am I think. At 12pm Doctor Ingvolstad made his entry and broke my water - still only 4cm. FABULOUS epidural was administered around 1pm maybe. 3:30pm the nurse said I was 10cm. What? Art, Em and Mom had just left to get lunch. We called, they left lunch without even sitting down, were back in the room within 7minutes. We were all surprised. Started pushing at 3:40pm and my loving, obedient daughter was born 8 very short minutes later at 3:48pm. Sorry if thats too many details, but I figured some would want to know!
So now, I sit here on my bed. My husband on my right, my baby Harper asleep on my left and my baby Emma Kate in her bed saying, "Mommy!". I hope I remember this forever. It feels so good. The house seemed brighter today when we walked in. I think it really was. This feels different the 2nd time around. I am more relaxed and I think I know a little better how to really enjoy these moments and make the most of each situation. But here's the deal - its day 2. Night 1 at home! I may have different things to say tomorrow, but for now, life is greater than good. Life is PERFECT!!!

7 comments:

  1. yay!! I can't believe you are home already. Bummed we didn't get to see you in the hospital, but I'd love to visit tomorrow. She's beautiful!!!! And just perfectly sized :)
    Enjoy perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Katie. You made me teary! Yes, cherish these moments! Even when they're hard. Our sweet babies grow fast and wonderfully and perfectly - just as God intends. I cannot wait to meet Harper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! photos! i was starting to get a tick needing to see more - but figured your hands were full. :-) sorry about the barfield/legend incident. i should really shut my hole. she is a DOLL! love all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRECIOUS!! Thank you for the glimpse into the Douglas home. I can't wait to know Harper! What a gift she has been given in her parents and her big sis! I am so thankful for the joy that has been abundantly given to your family! ...ahh, and the labor/delivery story...please feel free to rub some of that off on preggo me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Katie! Quite exciting ... thanks for sharing pics and such!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures! I had been trying to patiently wait for some with the big sister. She looks so proud, Katie! Can't wait to see all of you! Maybe I can stop by one day this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. she's so beautiful! thanks for letting me visit at the hospital. what a fun, blessed time. you look awesome and so happy. you gave me great hope for what is to come in a few days! love you!

    ReplyDelete